SKILLED IN TRUCK ACCIDENT CASES
We Represent Truck Accidents Victims in Dayton and Throughout Montgomery County
At Groth & Associates, our Dayton truck accident attorneys have the professional skills and legal experience to hold trucking companies and insurance companies accountable. Following a serious collision with a large truck, injured victims need money to pay their bills. Our firm is dedicated to helping people through difficult times. Justice is essential. If you or someone you know was hurt in a crash, we can help. To arrange a free, strictly private consultation with a top-rated Dayton tractor trailer accident lawyer, please do not hesitate to give us a call or send us a message online.
If you are seeking legal guidance Groth & Associates has the experience you need.
Fill out the form and we will have a member of our firm contact you as soon as possible.
Truck Accidents Cause a Disproportionate Share of Highway Injuries
With several major highways such as Interstate-75 and Interstate-70 running directly through the metro area, Dayton sees a significant amount of large commercial trucks moving through the region on a regular basis. Trucking is an incredibly important part of our economy—but tractor trailers have the potential to be extremely dangerous when the proper safety precautions are not taken. The National Safety Council (NSC) reports that more than 5,000 semi-trucks were involved in fatal accidents nationwide in 2019 alone. Many tens of thousands more large trucks are involved in accidents that cause catastrophic, potentially life-changing harm to innocent people. Some of the most common injuries reported in eighteen wheeler accidents include:
- Deep lacerations;
- Soft tissue damage (whiplash);
- Muscle injuries;
- Ligament damage;
- Broken/fractured bones;
- Back injuries;
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs);
- Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD);
- Internal organ damage;
- Amputations; and
- Spinal cord damage.
OTHER PRACTICE AREA CASES
What to Know About Semi-Truck Accident Claims in Ohio
Were you hurt in a tractor trailer accident in Montgomery County? If so, it is imperative that you have an understanding of your rights and your duties under state law. Here are four of the most important things to know about truck accident injury claims in Ohio:
1. All Significant Truck Collisions Should Be Reported: In Ohio, you are required to report a motor vehicle collision to law enforcement if there are any injuries necessitating medical treatment. You should always report a truck accident—especially if you were not at fault for the crash.
2. A Two-Year Statute of Limitations: A truck accident claim must be filed before the statute of limitations expires. In Ohio, most semi-truck accident cases are governed by a two-year statute of limitations. If you miss the deadline, your case will be dismissed. Do not miss your chance to get justice and financial compensation for your damages: Contact a Dayton, OH truck accident lawyer as soon as possible after a crash.
3. Ohio is a Tort (Fault-Based) Liability State: A trucking company is not automatically at fault for a crash. In Ohio, liability for a trucking accident is based on negligence. To hold a trucker, truck company, or any other party legally responsible for a wreck in Dayton, you must prove that their carelessness or recklessness was a cause of the incident.
4. Comparative Negligence for Truck Accidents: Truck accidents are rarely simple. It is possible that multiple parties—including injury victims—may share the blame for an eighteen wheeler crash. Ohio uses a comparative negligence standard to sort out liability (Ohio Rev. Code Ann. § 2315.33). Fault is assigned proportionately to blame. If you are found to be at fault for 25 percent of your own crash, an Ohio court could hold you responsible for 25 percent of your own damages. An experienced Dayton, OH truck accident lawyer will take action to help protect you from an unjust finding of liability.
Words from our clients
Stevin is by far the best Lawyer that I have encountered. He is professional, knowledgeable, and very patient. I have lived out of the country for the past 5 years and anytime I needed legal assistance he has always been there for me as if I was next door. I would strongly recommend Stevin Groth no matter what the circumstances are. His dedication and attention to detail is what’s appreciated the most. Thanks for all that you have done and you will continue to do for me.
Stevin was very professional and got me the best possible outcome for my case. I would recommend him to anybody that is looking for a great quality lawyer.
I had the pleasure of working with Stevin Groth on a case. He went above and beyond what I expected. I expected the worst and he fought for me way better than anyone would have. Will use again if needed. Cannot express my gratitude enough. Thank you.
Large Truck Accidents Require an Immediate Investigation
The immediate aftermath of a commercial trucking accident can be stressful, chaotic, and downright overwhelming. You can be sure that the truck company and its commercial insurance carrier will waste little time in building a defense strategy. You do not want to fall behind in the personal injury claims process. All tractor trailer crashes require a proactive, thorough investigation. Our Dayton, OH truck accident attorneys are ready to hit the ground running. We will seize on the available evidence and gather all of the information that you need to bring a compelling legal claim.
You Deserve Full Financial Compensation After a Truck Crash
A major truck accident can bring your entire life grinding to a halt in a matter of seconds. In Ohio, the at-fault trucking company may be liable for the full extent of your losses—including non-economic (intangible) damages. The unfortunate reality is that big companies and their insurers often make the claims process difficult. They try to resolve personal injury cases for less. At Groth & Associates, our Dayton truck accident lawyers have what it takes to help you maximize your financial recovery. You may be entitled to money damages for:
- Automobile repairs or replacement;
- Emergency room care;
- Medical bills and related expenses;
- Physical therapy;
- Psychological counseling;
- Lost wages;
- Diminished earning capacity;
- Permanent disfigurement;
- Long-term disability; and
- Wrongful death.
How Our Dayton Truck Accident Attorneys Can Help
The truck accident claims process is complicated. At Groth & Associates, we are ready to guide you through every step of the personal injury claims process. You need justice and compensation after a crash. Among other things, our Dayton truck accident lawyers are prepared to:
- Listen to your story and explain your legal rights;
- Investigate the truck accident—securing the evidence you need;
- Prepare and organize your medical records;
- Represent you in settlement negotiations; and
- Take aggressive legal action to maximize your financial recovery.
Contact Our Dayton, OH Tractor Trailer Accident Lawyers Today
At Groth & Associates, our Dayton truck accident attorneys fight aggressively to help injured victims get justice and the full financial compensation they are owed under the law. If you or your loved one was hurt in a serious trucking accident, we are available to help. Call us now or connect with us online for a no cost, no commitment review of your case. We represent truck accident victims in Dayton and throughout Western Ohio, including in Springfield, Beaver Creek, Middletown, Hamilton, Greenville, Miamisburg, Kettering, Fairborn, Trotwood, and Huber Heights.