SKILLED IN BANKRUPTCY CASES
Bankruptcy Lawyers Representing Clients in Fremont and Throughout Sandusky County, Ohio
Are bill collectors calling you multiple times a day? Do you have a pile of letters from debt companies that you do not even want to open anymore? If so, it may be time to consider your options for bankruptcy protection. While not the best path forward in every case, bankruptcy offers a way out of financial insolvency. Do not go it alone: An experienced bankruptcy lawyer will help you address your financial issues and find the right solution.
At Groth & Associates, our Fremont, OH bankruptcy attorneys are committed to providing reliable, results-oriented legal advocacy to our clients. We have the skills, experience, and tenacity needed to stand up for your rights and help you move beyond your debt troubles. If you or your loved one is considering seeking bankruptcy protection, you deserve top-quality representation. To schedule a fully private initial consultation with an experienced Ohio bankruptcy lawyer, please contact us today.
If you are seeking legal guidance Groth & Associates has the experience you need.
Fill out the form and we will have a member of our firm contact you as soon as possible.
KNOW YOUR ALTERNATIVES TO BANKRUPTCY
We want to make sure that our clients have all of the tools and information they need to protect their interests. This means understanding every available option for debt relief—including the alternatives to bankruptcy. While bankruptcy is absolutely a sensible decision for some insolvent consumers, it is not the best option for every person who is struggling with debt payments. Some alternative debt relief options that our Fremont, OH bankruptcy attorneys will help you consider include:
- Loan consolidation;
- Loan renegotiation;
- Debt litigation;
- Debt settlements; and
- Other forms of debt restructuring.
Whether or not one of the alternatives to bankruptcy will work for you and your family depends entirely on your specific financial circumstances. Our Fremont bankruptcy lawyers will take a careful and comprehensive look at the numbers and help you determine what option makes the most financial sense in your case.
OTHER PRACTICE AREA CASES
CHAPTER 7 BANKRUPTCY LAWYER IN FREMONT, OH
Chapter 7 bankruptcy is also known as a “liquidation” or “complete” bankruptcy. With some limited exceptions, it will wipe out much of a consumer’s overall debt burden, including their credit card payments and outstanding medical debt. There are both advantages and disadvantages to using Chapter 7 bankruptcy as opposed to other debt relief solutions. Here are three important things that you need to know about Chapter 7 bankruptcy in Ohio:
- You Must Satisfy a ‘Means Test’: Not everyone can file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy protection. Under federal law, a court will consider your last six months of income in the period before you want to file. If you earned more than the median income in Ohio (adjusted for household size), you will not be eligible to file.
- It is a Myth that You Will Lose “All” Assets: Many people falsely believe that Chapter 7 bankruptcy will cost you everything you own. It is simply not the case. In reality, there are exemptions available that will help you keep most (maybe all) of your possessions.
- Your Credit Will Sustain Damage: It is important to understand both the benefits and drawbacks of Chapter 7 bankruptcy protection. While it can wipe virtually all of your debt, it will damage your credit rating in the process. While it is still worth it for many consumers, it is an issue that warrants consideration.
CHAPTER 13 BANKRUPTCY LAWYER IN FREMONT, OH
Chapter 13 bankruptcy is often referred to as a “restructuring” bankruptcy. Unlike Chapter 7, you will not be able to wipe out (liquidate) all of your debts through a Chapter 13 reorganization. Instead, the terms of debts will be modified so that you can make sustainable payments. This means that your debt will be extended, and, in many cases, the total burden will be reduced. Here are three things you know about Chapter 13 bankruptcy in Ohio:
- There is No ‘Means Test’: Every person has the right to file for Chapter 13 bankruptcy protection. While Chapter 7 is only available to those with a below-median income, Chapter 13 is available more broadly.
- Restructuring is Significant: Although you cannot wipe the slate clean with Chapter 13 bankruptcy, it is still a very powerful debt reorganization tool. Monthly debt payments can shrink dramatically in many cases. It can turn an overwhelming burden into reasonable payments.
- Repayment Lasts Up to 60 Months: As a general rule, Chapter 13 repayment plans will last somewhere between 36 months and 60 months. Based on your specific financial circumstances, the court will determine the appropriate payment structure.
CONTACT GROTH & ASSOCIATES TODAYRequest a free consultation
HOW THE BANKRUPTCY ATTORNEYS AT GROTH & ASSOCIATES CAN HELP
When you are dealing with overwhelming levels of debt, it can often feel like there is simply no way out. Every phone call from an aggressive debt collector is another little reminder of the frustrating burden. At Groth & Associates, we fight to help our clients get back on stable financial ground. When you reach out to our law office, you will speak to a Fremont bankruptcy lawyer who is ready to:
- Conduct a free, in-depth review of your financial circumstances;
- Help you understand your rights and options—including bankruptcy and other debt-relief alternatives;
- Gather and organize all relevant financial documents and records;
- Take action to help you protect your personal assets;
- If appropriate, prepare a Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy petition.
You deserve attentive, personalized representation from a Fremont bankruptcy lawyer who will take the time and energy needed to understand your case and craft the best possible strategy. We have a proven track record of satisfied clients and we are here to help you take action to get out of debt.
Words from our clients
Our experience with Attorney Stevin Groth was nothing short of life changing.
When we first contacted Mr. Groth, he gave us his cell phone number and we were able to directly contact him day or night. His knowledge of the Ohio judicial system was astounding. He handled all aspects of our case himself, never once handing off our case to jr. associates. Stevin had positive relationships with all the judges, district attorneys and court personal that we came in contact with. Stevin’s persuasive arguments on our son’s behalf cleared him of all charges. Because of Stevin’s abilities, our son is able to move forward with his life without the stigma of a criminal record. We could not recommend Stevin Groth more highly.
ALFRED & JENNIFER
Dan is an amazing attorney. He had my divorce finalized in a short period of time. A lot quicker than I thought it was going to be and for that I’m thankful! Dan knew exactly what he was talking about. Any questions I had Dan, and his assistant, Michelle was glad to answer. The outcome of my divorce was exactly what I was hoping for.
Allison Lawrence is the best lawyer I have hired.she was attentive when I presented my case to her & knew exactly how to handle it.very professional person when it comes to her job,also a humanitarian.Allison has given me great advice in a free consultation,as well as stood by side in court with chargers pending,of course she got the charges dismissed!!Great attorney,very dependable.in need of a lawyer,I highly recommend Allison Lawrence.
CONTACT OUR FREMONT BANKRUPTCY ATTORNEYS FOR IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE
At Groth & Associates, our Ohio bankruptcy attorneys are experienced, aggressive advocates for our clients. Our team knows how to deliver results. If you are facing financial distress and you need legal guidance, we are here to help. To set up a no-cost, no-commitment review of your case, please contact our law firm today. We represent clients in Fremont and throughout the surrounding communities in Sandusky County, including in Bellevue, Clyde, Gibsonburg, Elmore, Woodville, and Helena.