SKILLED ATTORNEYS IN MURDER CASES
MURDER CASES CAN BE SCARY AND THE DAMAGES CAN BE SEVERE.
Although most murder investigations are competently and thoroughly investigated, in some cases, tainted evidence or prejudice may lead to the conviction of an innocent person. For this reason, it is essential that if you are being investigated for murder, you contact an experienced murder defense attorney who can protect your interests.
If you are seeking legal guidance Groth & Associates has the experience you need.
Fill out the form and we will have a member of our firm contact you as soon as possible.
In order to convict a person of murder, the prosecution must show that the person either:
- Purposefully caused the death of a person;
- Purposely and unlawfully terminated another’s pregnancy; or
- Caused the death of a person during the commission or attempted commission of another felony.
A conviction carries a penalty of between 15 years and life in prison.
OTHER PRACTICE AREA CASES
IF YOU HAVE BEEN ACCUSED OF MURDER CONTACT GROTH AND ASSOCIATES TO SPEAK WITH TOLEDO’S BEST MURDER DEFENSE ATTORNEY.
In some cases, an offense may be charged as an aggravated murder. In Ohio, a person commits aggravated murder when he or she:
- Plans and intentionally commits a premeditated act that is designed to cause the death of another person or terminate someone else’s pregnancy; or
- Causes another person’s death or unlawfully terminates a pregnancy while committing, attempting to commit, or fleeing the scene after the commission of another crime.
A death caused during the commission of a felony can be charged as a murder if the initial crime was one of a series of specific offenses, including:
- Arson and aggravated arson;
- Robbery and aggravated robbery;
- Burglary and aggravated burglary;
- Trespass in a habitation when a person is present or likely to be present;
- Terrorism; and
Other offenses that could sustain a charge of aggravated murder include situations in which:
- Someone under the age of 13 is killed during the commission of a crime;
- Someone convicted of a felony causes the death of another person during imprisonment or while escaping detainment; or
- A law enforcement officer is purposefully killed, and the offender knew or had reasonable cause to know that the victim was a member of law enforcement.
In order to satisfy the statutory requirements of the aggravated murder of a law enforcement officer, the following criteria must be met:
- The victim was engaged in his or her duties; and
- It was the offender’s specific purpose to kill a law enforcement officer.
Aggravated murder is punishable by life imprisonment or the death penalty.
Words from our clients
Our experience with Attorney Stevin Groth was nothing short of life changing.
When we first contacted Mr. Groth, he gave us his cell phone number and we were able to directly contact him day or night. His knowledge of the Ohio judicial system was astounding. He handled all aspects of our case himself, never once handing off our case to jr. associates. Stevin had positive relationships with all the judges, district attorneys and court personal that we came in contact with. Stevin’s persuasive arguments on our son’s behalf cleared him of all charges. Because of Stevin’s abilities, our son is able to move forward with his life without the stigma of a criminal record. We could not recommend Stevin Groth more highly.
ALFRED & JENNIFER
Dan is an amazing attorney. He had my divorce finalized in a short period of time. A lot quicker than I thought it was going to be and for that I’m thankful! Dan knew exactly what he was talking about. Any questions I had Dan, and his assistant, Michelle was glad to answer. The outcome of my divorce was exactly what I was hoping for.
Allison Lawrence is the best lawyer I have hired.she was attentive when I presented my case to her & knew exactly how to handle it.very professional person when it comes to her job,also a humanitarian.Allison has given me great advice in a free consultation,as well as stood by side in court with chargers pending,of course she got the charges dismissed!!Great attorney,very dependable.in need of a lawyer,I highly recommend Allison Lawrence.
HOW WE CAN HELP YOU DEFEND AGAINST THE CHARGES
Being convicted of murder can have devastating consequences for all parties involved, so if you or a loved one was arrested for or is being charged with this crime, it is vital to seek the advice of an experienced Toledo murder defense
lawyer who can help you formulate a defense. Please contact the Toledo criminal defense lawyers at Groth & Associates or complete an online case submission form to schedule an initial consultation.