SKILLED IN CRIMINAL DEFENSE
There are times in a person’s life when hiring a lawyer is strongly recommended, if not absolutely necessary – being arrested and charged with a crime is one of those times. If you are facing criminal charges, it’s important that you understand your rights, including the right to defend yourself against charges, and the right to legal representation. As you navigate the criminal system, our Findlay, OH criminal defense lawyers at the law office of Groth & Associates can help. For the legal representation and counsel that you need and deserve, reach out to our legal team for help today.
OUR CRIMINAL DEFENSE PRACTICE AREAS
We know that if you are facing criminal charges, you want a lawyer on your side who is experienced handling cases like yours. At Groth & Associates, our attorneys have defended those facing a myriad of misdemeanor and felony charges over the years. Our criminal defense practice areas include:
- Felony defense;
- Misdemeanor defense;
- DUI/OVI cases;
- Domestic violence cases;
- Drug possession, distribution, or manufacturer cases;
- Traffic violations;
- Rape and sexual assault defense cases;
- License suspensions; and
If you have been charged with a crime and are unsure of whether we can help, we encourage you to call our law office directly and speak with one of our lawyers about your charges, the services we offer, and whether or not we can assist you.
For a free legal consultation with a Criminal Defense lawyer serving Findlay, call (419) 930-3030
THE CONSEQUENCES OF A CRIMINAL CONVICTION IN FINDLAY, OH
Depending on the charges that you’re facing, you may feel as though the potential penalties you’re up against aren’t severe enough to warrant legal counsel. Regardless of the severity of the crime with which you’ve been accused, though, working with an attorney is advised. Even being convicted of a misdemeanor offense could have a significant impact on your life. Potential penalties and impacts that you may face if convicted include:
- A large fine and fees;
- Jail time or prison time;
- Mandatory community service, education or rehabilitation classes, or/and restitution to victims; and
- A permanent mark on your criminal record, which could affect other elements of your life, including your ability to secure housing or employment, maintain custody of your children, pursue educational opportunities, and more.
Criminal Defense Lawyer Near Me (419) 930-3030
HOW A FINDLAY, OH CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAWYER CAN HELP YOU
If you are facing criminal charges in our city, you may be unsure of whether or not you need a lawyer and what a lawyer will do for you should you hire one. The role of a criminal defense lawyer when representing a defendant is multifaceted – your attorney is responsible for:
- Making sure that you understand the charges against you, how the charges are classified, and the degree of charges (i.e. type of felony or misdemeanor offense);
- Explaining to you the potential penalties you face;
- Explaining the different options you have related to your defense, including pleading guilty or not guilty;
- Representing you during all of your appearances before the court, including at your initial arraignment hearing;
- Assessing all of the prosecution’s evidence against you and determining the likelihood of the prosecution securing a conviction of guilty vs. the viability of your defense;
- Representing you in negotiations with the prosecution regarding the possibility of entering a plea bargain where charges against you are reduced or the recommended sentence is made less severe;
- Filing motions on your behalf to protect your Constitutional rights, such as withholding evidence from court that was unlawfully obtained; and
- Protecting your best interests throughout the entirety of the process.
You have the right to defend yourself – working with an attorney is not required. However, working with an attorney when you are facing criminal charges is strongly recommended, as working with an attorney may improve the outcome of your case.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM GROTH & ASSOCIATES
After being arrested and having criminal charges filed, most people feel nervous, anxious, and fearful about the future. When you are feeling at your worst, you need an attorney who will perform at their very best. At the law offices of Groth & Associates, our experienced criminal defense lawyers are committed to serving you to the very best of our abilities. When you choose our law firm, you should expect personalized services, the creation of a legal strategy that is based on you and your needs and best interests, attention and detail to your case, availability – our lawyers will remain accessible and here for you when you need us, and passion in our work. We believe in upholding the Constitutional rights of all persons, and that all those who are facing criminal charges should be assumed innocent until proven guilty. We believe in your right to competent legal defense, regardless of the charges you’re facing.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
WHAT TO DO IF YOU’RE CHARGED WITH A CRIME
If you are facing criminal charges, there are a few things that you should do–and shouldn’t do–that may ultimately improve the outcome of your case in the long run. We recommend that you:
- Exercise your right to remain silent. Politely tell police officers that you are exercising this right, and request legal counsel.
- If you are released from holding, do not make contact with any of your accusers or alleged victims of the crime, and do not engage in any further behavior that would constitute dubious or criminal activity.
- Do not plead guilty during your arraignment hearing.
- Start making a private list of the details of your activities related to the charges you’re facing. The more information that you can provide to your attorney, the better.
- Call an attorney. The longer that you wait to call a lawyer, the harder it may be to build your defense.
CALL OUR FINDLAY, OH CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAWYERS TODAY
We know how terrifying it is to have criminal charges brought against you. At the law office of Groth & Associates, we want to help. If you have been charged with a crime, don’t hesitate to call our Findlay, OH criminal defense law firm for a consultation about your rights and information about how we can help. We have the experience and reputation you can count on.