Groth & Associates invites undergraduate and graduate students throughout the United States to apply for its new scholarship, “Survivors Speak: Moving Forward Through Hardship.” The firm intends to debut this scholarship ahead of the 2024/2025 academic year.
The “Survivors Speak: Moving Forward Through Hardship” scholarship offers hard-working students the chance to talk about the challenges that have shaped them into the people they are today. The firm intends to award a dedicated and determined student $1,000 in financial support.
Students and their families have until July 15, 2024, to submit all required application materials to Groth & Associates’ scholarship selection committee. The team looks forward to helping remarkable students in all fields of study pursue their academic goals.
Undergraduate and graduate students can all apply for Groth & Associates’ “Survivors Speak: Moving Forward Through Hardship” scholarship so long as they meet the following requirements:
- The student has a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- The student is enrolled in or accepted at a United States accredited college, university, or graduate school
- The student agrees to the scholarship’s terms and conditions
- The student submits all necessary application materials by the scholarship’s deadline
Students who meet the scholarship’s eligibility criteria and want to apply for the scholarship must take the following steps:
- Shoot, edit, and upload a video answering the scholarship’s questions
- Upload a copy of an unofficial transcript
- Upload proof of enrollment/acceptance to an accredited college, university, or graduate school
Proof of enrollment/acceptance can include a student ID, letter of acceptance, or other notice featuring the school’s masthead.
Scholarship Video Topic
Groth & Associates’ team regularly comes into contact with people whose lives have dramatically changed as a result of unforeseen circumstances. We want to provide students who’ve overcome great challenges with the same support and empathy that we share with those clients.
Students applying for the “Survivors Speak: Moving Forward Through Hardship” scholarship should create a 30 to 60-second video describing a seemingly impossible life challenge that they’ve since overcome. The firm’s scholarship selection committee encourages students to answer the following questions:
- What hardship have you faced?
- How did that hardship stand out in your life?
- What steps did you take to overcome that hardship?
- Who, if anyone, made overcoming that hardship easier?
- Did that hardship change your plans for the future?
- How do you think the lessons you learned might shape your academic career?
Students should include a link to their uploaded, unlisted video alongside their other application materials when applying for the “Survivors Speak: Moving Forward Through Hardship” scholarship.
Scholarship Application Deadline
Students have until July 15, 2024, to submit their completed scholarship applications to Groth & Associates. The firm cannot consider late or incomplete scholarship applications.
The scholarship selection committee reserves up to three months after the scholarship’s closing date to consider students’ applications. The firm asks that neither students nor their families reach out with questions about the status of a scholarship. The scholarship selection committee will follow up with students if any questions arise about that student’s scholarship.
Terms and Conditions
All applicants to this scholarship must meet the eligibility requirements as laid out on the scholarship application page, including:
- Applicant must be enrolled at a college, university, or graduate school
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old at the age of enrollment
- Applicant must have residency in the United States
- Applicant must be in good academic standing
- Applicant must submit some personal information, including name, contact information, and proof of enrollment
- Applicant must author an original video on the scholarship topic provided
Anyone who meets the following conditions is NOT eligible to apply:
- Employees or children of employees of Groth & Associates
- Past recipients of the “Survivors Speak: Moving Forward Through Hardship” scholarship
- Applicants who are unable/unwilling to be interviewed by a representative of Groth & Associates if they were to be awarded a scholarship
- Applicants who submit the same essay for multiple years in a row or for multiple scholarships
Selection & Award Notification Process
Students must submit complete applications by the scholarship’s deadline if they want Groth & Associates’ scholarship selection committee to consider their application.
The scholarship selection committee reserves between one and three months to select a scholarship winner. Age, race, religion, gender, national origin, familial status, or other protected classes will have no influence on the committee’s decision.
Groth & Associates and its scholarship selection committee request that neither students nor their families reach out with questions about the scholarship’s eligibility criteria for the application reading process.
Students and their families can refer to the terms and conditions page for all the information they need about the “Survivors Speak: Moving Forward Through Hardship” scholarship.
Groth & Associates will only contact its winning student upon the closing of the scholarship application reading period. The firm will then announce the winner’s name on its blog and via press release.
Students and their families can expect Groth & Associates to mail or otherwise send a student’s winnings directly to the academic institution of the winner’s choosing.
Your personal information will not be given, sold, or distributed to third parties.
We reserve the right to use the winners’ names and photos in any announcement or communication related to the scholarship, on Groth & Associates’ website, in marketing materials, or in social media posts.
By submitting your application, you agree to our public use of your name and image.
2024 marks the first year that Groth & Associates will make its “Survivors Speak: Moving Forward Through Hardship” scholarship available to undergraduate and graduate students. Upcoming winners can expect the firm to share blog posts and press releases discussing their accomplishments here.
Groth & Associates looks forward to showcasing many remarkable students (including you!) in the years to come.