SKILLED IN TRUCK ACCIDENT CASES
TRUCK ACCIDENTS CAN OCCUR ANYWHERE AND WHEN THEY DO THE DAMAGES CAN BE SEVERE.
While we depend on large commercial vehicles to provide many of the products and household goods we use daily, there’s always a chance that the vehicles we rely on will cause a serious collision. Since cars are no match for the sheer size and bulk of big rigs, the injuries caused by these accident types can be severe, disabling, and potentially life-threatening.
If you were in such an incident, you’ll need a personal injury lawyer from Toledo to help you pursue fair compensation for your injuries and losses. An experienced Toledo truck accident lawyer from Groth & Associates will represent your best interests throughout the legal process and work hard to get the outcome you deserve.
If you are seeking legal guidance Groth & Associates has the experience you need.
Fill out the form and we will have a member of our firm contact you as soon as possible.
How a Toledo Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help You
Our Toledo team of truck accident attorneys will assist you in getting the financial compensation you need while working to hold responsible parties accountable for your injuries. Whether we’re defending your interests against the trucking company’s insurers or pursuing justice in court, we’ll fight for the damages you’re owed.
Here’s what an experienced attorney from our legal team will do to obtain the compensation you’re owed:
- Investigate the commercial truck collision and gather evidence that is relevant to your claim
- Work with crash analysts to understand the cause of your accident
- Work with medical professionals to understand the extent of your injuries
- Issue subpoenas to obtain the necessary information the trucking company may be concealing
- Work to build your claim or lawsuit in a compelling manner
- Work with the insurance company to help you obtain a full and fair settlement offer
- Draw on our legal experience and resources to recover maximum compensation in court
- Keep you updated on the status of your case throughout the legal claim process
OTHER PRACTICE AREA CASES
The Complexity and Urgency of Truck Accident Cases in Toledo
If truck accident lawyers in Toledo advise you to file a civil suit, it’s important to understand these lawsuit types present unique legal challenges. Since commercial trucking is a big business, the industry is governed by complicated government regulations, making these claims notoriously complex.
Get your case to an experienced truck crash attorney as soon as possible, and they will recover evidence before it is lost or destroyed. Taking swift action will also ensure state or federal filing deadlines are met and, most importantly, that you get your financial compensation sooner rather than later.
Words from our clients
Stevin is by far the best Lawyer that I have encountered. He is professional, knowledgeable, and very patient. I have lived out of the country for the past 5 years and anytime I needed legal assistance he has always been there for me as if I was next door. I would strongly recommend Stevin Groth no matter what the circumstances are. His dedication and attention to detail is what’s appreciated the most. Thanks for all that you have done and you will continue to do for me.
Stevin was very professional and got me the best possible outcome for my case. I would recommend him to anybody that is looking for a great quality lawyer.
I had the pleasure of working with Stevin Groth on a case. He went above and beyond what I expected. I expected the worst and he fought for me way better than anyone would have. Will use again if needed. Cannot express my gratitude enough. Thank you.
Potential Compensation in Toledo Truck Accident Cases
Both minor and severe injury victims are entitled to compensation for the full extent of their losses. While the losses associated with a serious truck accident injury can come in many different forms, they are generally within the following three broad categories: economic damages, non-economic damages, and punitive damages.
Economic damages refer to the tangible, out-of-pocket expenses and financial losses you may incur due to your accident. These can include:
- Property damage: Repairing or replacing damaged vehicles or other property costs.
- Current medical bills: Immediate medical expenses following the accident.
- Future medical costs: Anticipated medical costs for ongoing or future treatment.
- Rehabilitation costs: Expenses for physical therapy, occupational therapy, and other forms of rehabilitation.
- Current lost wages: Income lost due to time off work immediately after the accident.
- Future lost earning capacity: Potential income lost due to long-term injuries or disabilities.
- Compensation for future damages: This encompasses future medical expenses and lost income, which can be challenging to calculate. Ensuring these losses are accurately represented in a settlement is crucial.
While future medical expenses and future lost income can be difficult to calculate, these losses must be fairly accounted for in your settlement offer. Our Toledo truck accident lawyers will work hard to estimate your future losses and recover an appropriate payment.
In the aftermath of a truck accident, victims often endure physical injuries and emotional and psychological trauma. Non-economic damages aim to compensate for these intangible losses. Specifically, they can encompass:
- Pain and suffering: The physical pain and discomfort experienced post-accident.
- Emotional distress: The psychological impact of the accident, which can manifest as anxiety, depression, or PTSD.
- Loss of enjoyment of life: The diminished ability to enjoy daily activities and life’s pleasures due to the accident’s aftermath.
While quantifying these damages can be challenging, their impact on a victim’s life is undeniable. It’s essential to understand:
- Valuation challenges: It might be hard to assign a specific dollar value to pain and suffering, but this doesn’t diminish the reality of your experience.
- Insurance company tactics: Insurers often attempt to undervalue non-economic damages.
- Legal support: Hiring an experienced truck accident lawyer will ensure that negotiations with the insurance company are handled effectively, advocating for the full compensation you deserve.
You deserve full recovery for your pain and all the other intangible losses you’ve suffered. Unfortunately, insurance companies often try to undervalue these damages. The good news is you can protect yourself by having an experienced truck accident lawyer handle negotiations with the insurer.
Some truck accident victims may be entitled to punitive damages. Punitive damages are meant to punish the bad actions of the defendant and are only awarded in cases where the defendant is deemed grossly negligent.
Gross negligence means the defendant caused the accident intentionally or due to extreme recklessness. For example, you might receive these damages if an intoxicated truck driver caused your crash or a manufacturer knowingly put a defective vehicle on the road.
Types of 18-Wheeler Accidents Handled by Our Law Firm
Our team of truck crash attorneys has experience recovering fair settlements for individuals injured in various commercial vehicle accidents. As a result, we’re closely familiar with the factors that can cause such devastating accidents. Using our in-depth knowledge, we’ll be able to investigate and file a strong claim for an accident caused by any of the following factors:
- Failing to employ proper braking techniques and other driver errors
- Inexperience in dealing with vehicle blind spots
- Driver inattention and excessive fatigue
- Drivers who operate their trucks under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- Speeding and other reckless driving behaviors, such as tailgating other drivers and driving too fast in hazardous weather conditions
Our firm will help you seek damages if you’ve suffered a minor injury in one of the incidents listed above or if the factors mentioned above led to a fatal crash that took a loved one from you. No matter what your circumstances are, we’re here for you.
Types of Truck Accident Injuries We Can Help You Recover from
Catastrophic truck crashes and even minor collisions can leave the injured party with several serious conditions that require expensive medical treatment to recover from and manage.
Fortunately, our personal injury firm will do everything we can to help you get the financial recovery you deserve after any of the following truck accident injuries:
- Head and neck injuries, including traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Back and spinal cord injuries
- Crushing injuries and internal bleeding
- Internal organ damage
- Multiple broken bones, severe cuts, and lacerations
- Muscle and tendon strains, sprains, and tears
- Dislocated joints
- Burn injuries caused by hot surfaces and exposure to burning oil or gas
- Loss of limbs
If you’ve suffered one of the above injuries, our Toledo truck accident attorneys will pursue compensation for your doctor bills, out-of-pocket expenses, and emergency medical costs.
Additionally, they will help you recover costs associated with your current and future medical attention.
Proving Fault in a Truck Accident Lawsuit
To get the money you need to treat your injuries, manage permanent disabilities, and replace other losses, your attorney must prove that another party was responsible for your accident. Establishing fault is typically achieved by proving negligence in a Toledo truck accident case.
Vehicular accident negligence occurs when a driver fails to exercise a reasonable standard of care that all drivers must uphold to protect others from foreseeable danger. Our firm will work tirelessly to identify negligent parties and hold them liable for the injuries and losses you’ve been burdened with.
Parties that Can Be Held Liable in a Truck Accident Case
Various at-fault parties could bear responsibility for your truck accident injuries. Depending on your situation, multiple negligent parties could even share the liability. Our team will review all the evidence available to determine which of the following parties should be held liable:
- The truck driver
- The truck driver’s employer
- The owner of the truck or the trailer
- The company that was leasing the truck or trailer
- The company that manufactured the truck or a defective truck part
Filing Deadline for Personal Injury Claims Ohio
Under Ohio Revised Code § 2305.10, you have two years to take legal action in a truck accident case. This is a strict rule, and you must take it seriously. You will be denied compensation if you fail to act within this time frame.
That said, if it has already been two years since your truck accident, you might still have a chance to recover damages. The clock on your two-year deadline starts ticking from the date you should have discovered your harm, which might not necessarily be the date of the truck accident.
Regardless of your circumstances, you must act now if you have been injured in a truck accident. Do not hesitate to get in touch with our personal injury law firm today. We’ll review the details of your case and work quickly to get your claim submitted on time.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Toledo Truck Accident Attorney
If you or someone you care about has been injured in a trucking accident, call Groth & Associates today. Our team’s experienced Toledo truck accident lawyer will provide aggressive legal representation to deal with the trucking company, their attorneys, and their insurance company.
We will determine which types of compensation you may be entitled to while ensuring your rights and interests are protected. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and take the first step toward your financial and physical recovery.