SKILLED IN TRUCK ACCIDENT CASES
VICTIMS WHO SURVIVE TRUCK ACCIDENTS USUALLY SUFFER WITH EXCRUCIATING PAIN AND TRAUMA
With major Interstates 90 and 80 running just north of town, it is no wonder that truck accidents are common in Fremont, OH. In fact, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) reports that there was a 28 percent increase of fatal truck crashes between 2009 and 2016. For victims who survive such collisions, the excruciating pain and trauma can be devastating.
Our attorneys at Groth & Associates are committed to pursuing drivers and others responsible for causing these horrific crashes. We will seek the compensation you deserve for your losses and take care of the legal challenges, so you can focus on getting back to health. Please call us at 419.386.0159 to schedule a free consultation with a truck accident lawyer in Fremont, OH right away.
FREMONT OH TRUCK ACCIDENT LAWYERS PROTECT THE RIGHTS OF VICTIMS
Motor vehicle crashes typically happen because of careless acts by drivers, and truck accidents are no different. The legal doctrine of negligence applies to these types of collisions, which means you need to prove certain essential elements to recover compensation, including:
- The truck driver had a duty to exercise reasonable care in operating the rig;
- The operator breached this legal duty;
- The breach led to a truck accident and you were hurt; and,
- You suffered losses due to your injuries.
Our truck accident attorneys at Groth & Associates will gather evidence, work with witnesses, and develop a strategy to meet the required legal standard with respect to each of these elements. Plus, we work with medical experts, accident reconstruction specialists, economists, and other professionals to support our efforts.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accident lawyer serving Fremont, call (419) 930-3030
Compensation for Your Truck Accident Injuries
In connection with a truck crash case, our lawyers will seek monetary damages in an amount sufficient to cover your losses. You may be entitled to recover different types of compensation under Ohio law:
- Economic Losses: This category of damages includes medical bills, lost wages, and other ascertainable losses; and,
- Non-Economic Losses: These losses refer to subjective damages, so they are not definable by a dollar amount. However, you do endure hardship for your pain and suffering, emotional distress, scarring, disfigurement, and other damages.
Still, though your right to compensation may seem clear, there are restrictions on your claim. Ohio’s statute of limitations gives you two years from the date of the truck accident to file a lawsuit for your losses. If you do not, you are prohibited from suing the truck driver and other responsible parties.
Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (419) 930-3030
TRUCK ACCIDENTS INVOLVE COMPLICATED LEGAL ISSUES
SUFFERING LIFE-THREATENING INJURIES FROM A TRUCK ACCIDENT? CALL GROTH & ASSOCIATES TODAY
Ohio truck accidents share some common characteristics with other motor vehicle collisions, but there are some challenges in succeeding on your claim for damages.
- Serious Injuries: The difference in size between your vehicle and a truck is considerable, as a loaded semi can weigh up to 20 times more than your car. Obviously, this discrepancy means you are at a higher risk of life-threatening injuries that can much longer to heal; in some cases, victims never fully recover. You can expect emergency care, surgery, physical therapy, long-term treatment, and rehabilitation, all of which come at a huge cost.
- Insurance Companies: By law, truck drivers must carry certain minimum insurance amounts, which can run in the millions. Knowing that truck accident claims can significantly cut into their profits, insurers assign their most experienced, aggressive employees. These representatives will fight your claim at every turn, trying to find ways to reduce or deny your request for compensation.
- Numerous Parties: Not only will you be dealing with the operator and insurance company, but there may also be additional parties in interest in a truck accident. The driver may be employed by a trucking company, work through a partnership, or answer to investors – all of which could be potential parties.
CONSULT WITH A FREMONT TRUCK ACCIDENT LAWYER
At Groth & Associates, our Ohio truck accident attorneys have the experience and dedication to take on the challenges in pursuing your right to compensation, along with extensive knowledge in the relevant laws. We are persistent in fighting on your behalf during settlement discussions with insurance companies, but we will take your case to court as necessary to protect your interests.
If you or a loved one was injured in a truck accident, please contact our firm to set up a no-cost consultation with a truck accident lawyer. We serve victims throughout Northwest Ohio from our conveniently located offices in Fremont, Toledo, and Bowling Green, OH.