SKILLED IN TRUCK ACCIDENT CASES
We Represent Truck Accident Victims in Cincinnati and Throughout Hamilton County
At Groth & Associates, our Cincinnati truck accident attorneys are aggressive, results-focused advocates for injured victims. Our legal team has what it takes to hold negligent truck drivers, negligent trucking companies, and large insurers accountable. If you or your family member was hurt in a crash, we can help. For a no cost, no commitment case evaluation with a top-rated Cincinnati tractor trailer accident lawyer, please contact our law firm today.
Truck Accidents are Serious Public Safety Concern in Southwest Ohio
The City of Cincinnati sees an enormous amount of large commercial trucking traffic. With several major thoroughfares—such as Ohio State Route 126, Interstate-75, and Interstate-275—running directly through Hamilton County, large trucks from all around the region pass through Cincinnati. It is an unfortunate reality, but tractor trailers pose an inherent safety hazard. A fully loaded tractor trailer may be as heavy as 40 tons, far larger than your standard passenger care. When truckers and truck companies fail to take adequate safety measures, the consequence can be catastrophic.
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) reports that more than 4,000 people are killed in truck accidents in the U.S. each year. Many thousands more suffer severe injuries. No matter the nature and severity of the injuries sustained by you or your family member, our Cincinnati truck accident lawyers are standing by, ready to advocate for your rights. Some of the most common injuries reported in truck accidents in Southwestern Ohio include:
- Cuts/ lacerations;
- Torn muscles;
- Broken/fractured bones;
- Back injuries;
- Concussions and TBIs;
- Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD);
- Internal organ damage;
- Amputations; and
- Spinal cord injuries.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accident lawyer serving Cincinnati, call (419) 930-3030
An Overview of Truck Accident Injury Claims in Ohio;
If you were injured in a large commercial vehicle accident in Hamilton County, it is crucial that you understand how the claims process works in our state. Cincinnati truck accident injury claims fall under Ohio law. Here are four key things to understand about the state’s truck accident laws:
1. Truck Crashes Should Be Reported to Law Enforcement: In Ohio, a truck accident should be reported to police if there were injuries, fatalities, or in excess of $1,000 in property damage. As large commercial trucks have the potential to cause catastrophic damage in an accident, most tractor trailer accidents need to be reported to the police.
2. Two-Year Statute of Limitations for Truck Accidents: You only have a limited amount of time to initiate a truck accident injury claim in Ohio. With limited exceptions, a truck accident injury lawsuit must be filed within two years of the date of the collision. Do not wait to get started with your claim: Get help from a Cincinnati truck accident attorney as soon as possible after your wreck.
3. Ohio is a Fault-Based Truck Accident State: Under Ohio law, the party deemed at fault for causing a truck accident can be held legally responsible for the damages. Many different parties could bear liability for a tractor trailer accident, including in the trucker, trucking company, the truck manufacturer, and third party drivers. An experienced Cincinnati, OH truck accident lawyer will help you identify every potential defendant and take action to hold them accountable.
4. Comparative Negligence Standard: In some truck accident cases, more than one party is deemed liable for the collision. Under Ohio’s comparative negligence statute (Ohio Rev. Code Ann. § 2315.33), liability for a crash will be split in proportion to fault. As an example, a trucking company deemed at fault for 75 percent of an accident in Cincinnati will be legally liable for 75 percent of the resulting damages.
Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (419) 930-3030
Your Hamilton County, OH Truck Accident Must Be Investigated
Large truck accidents are a serious matter. You need to know what happened and why. The truck company and its insurer will undoubtedly investigate the accident—looking for any information that they can find to help limit their liability. It is imperative that you have an experienced Cincinnati truck accident lawyer on your side who can conduct an immediate, in-depth investigation and evaluation of the collision. As seasoned Ohio truck accident attorneys, our legal team has the professional skills and real world knowledge that you can trust to guide you through difficult times
We Will Help You Maximize Your Financial Recovery
Following a commercial truck accident, you need money to pay bills, cover lost income and to support yourself and the people in your life. In Ohio, you can pursue financial compensation for the full extent of the damages you suffered—but that can be difficult to do without a competent lawyer. The big insurance companies are aggressive. They try to pay out as little as possible. At Groth & Associates, our Cincinnati truck accident attorneys are more than ready to help you fight to maximize your settlement or verdict. Financial compensation may be available for:
- Motor vehicle repairs and replacement;
- Ambulance fees and emergency room costs;
- Medical bills and related expenses;
- Loss of current and future wages;
- Pain and suffering;
- Mental distress;
- Permanent scarring;
- Permanent physical impairment; and
- Wrongful death of a family member.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
You Can Rely On Our Cincinnati Truck Accident Lawyers
The personal injury claims process for commercial truck accidents is complicated. Truck companies and insurers waste little time in building their legal defense. At Groth & Associates, we are here to protect your rights. Among other things, our Cincinnati truck accident attorneys are prepared to;
- Conduct a free, comprehensive review of your personal injury claim;
- Investigate the truck accident, gathering the evidence needed to prove fault;
- Advocate for your best interests in settlement discussions; and
- Put together a personalized legal strategy focused on getting you the best outcome
Call Our Cincinnati Semi-Truck Accident Attorneys Today
At Groth & Associates, our Cincinnati trucking accident lawyers are skilled, justice-driven advocates for victims and their families. If you or someone you care about was seriously hurt in an eighteen wheeler collision, we can help. Contact us today for a free, completely confidential review of your case. We provide truck accident representation throughout Southwestern Ohio, including in Hamilton County, Butler County, Clermont County, Warren County, and Montgomery County.