SKILLED IN CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAWYER
If there is one situation in which working with a lawyer is necessary, it is in the event that you are facing criminal charges. Indeed, not only does the Constitution of the United States provide you with the right to competent legal counsel, but working with an attorney is also within your best interest – working with an attorney is more likely to result in a more favorable criminal case outcome than is representing yourself.
At the law office of Groth & Associates, our Maumee, OH criminal defense lawyers understand the fear and stress that you’re experiencing following being charged with a crime. To help you understand the charges you’re facing and the potential penalties, build your defense, and protect your rights, we urge you to call us as soon as possible after being arrested and charged.
OUR CRIMINAL DEFENSE PRACTICE AREAS
Our criminal defense law team has experience representing clients facing a wide array of criminal charges in Maumee and throughout our state. We can represent you if you are facing criminal charges in Ohio relevant to any of the following categories:
- Traffic crimes;
- DUI/OVI cases;
- Drug crimes;
- Misdemeanor offenses;
- Felony offenses;
- Sex crimes;
- Violent crimes, including assault, murder, homicide, and manslaughter;
- Gun crimes and weapon offenses;
- Theft and burglary;
- Domestic violence; and
With years of experience behind our name, we are confident in our ability to provide you with a sound legal defense. Reach out to our law firm today to tell us more about the charges you’re facing and learn whether or not our lawyers can help.
PENALTIES YOU MAY FACE WHEN CONVICTED OF A CRIME
Being charged with a crime is serious, but being convicted of that crime is much more severe. Depending upon the type of crime with which you’ve been charged and how it is classified in our state (i.e. misdemeanor vs. felony charges, degree of misdemeanor or felony), as well as your criminal history, you may be facing:
- A period of incarceration. The thing that most criminal defendants fear the most is a conviction that includes a period of incarceration as part of the sentence. For most minor crimes, a period of incarceration will not be required; however, for more serious crimes, such as felony drug crimes or violent crimes, time behind bars is a common sentence. Talk to our attorneys about steps to take to reduce your chances of incarceration following criminal charges.
- Parole or probation. In some instances, a prison sentence or part of a prison sentence may be waived in exchange for a period of probation or parole. When a person is on probation (offered in place of going to prison) or parole (early release from prison), they must follow certain rules and requirements set by the court. A violation of parole or probation can result in the individual serving the original sentence, and sometimes additional penalties, too.
- Fines. Most crimes in Ohio are associated with fines should the defendant be convicted. These fines can range from under $1,000 to tens of thousands of dollars. Finding a source of income to pay court-ordered fines can be a serious challenge for those who have been convicted of a crime.
- Mandatory classes, rehabilitation, etc. Depending on the nature of the crime of which a person is convicted, they may be subject to a variety of mandatory orders that fall outside of the realm of prison time or paying a fine. For example, a person may be ordered to attend alcohol or drug rehab, may be required to attend mandatory counseling or education classes, may be ordered to perform a certain number of community service hours, and more.
- Missed or denied opportunities. Finally, being convicted of a crime has consequences outside of those imposed by the court. For example, a person who is convicted of a sex offense will need to register as a sex offender in our state, which may prevent them from being able to secure certain jobs, live in certain neighborhoods, and pursue opportunities (like education or volunteer work) in the future. Another serious effect of criminal charges is the potential of a person who is convicted of a violent crime or another serious crime losing custody of their children.
HOW OUR MAUMEE, OH CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAWYERS CAN HELP YOU
We understand how terrifying it is to be charged with a crime. We want to help. When you call our Maumee, OH criminal defense lawyers, you can count on our law firm to:
- Explain the charges that you’re facing and the potential range of penalties you may be subject to;
- Representing you in your arraignment hearing (the first time you go before a judge);
- Arrange for your bond hearing;
- Investigate the charges you’re facing, including reviewing the evidence held by the prosecution and gathering our own evidence;
- Filing all pre-trial motions;
- Ensuring that any evidence against you that was unlawfully obtained is withheld from court;
- Participating in jury selection;
- Helping you to determine whether or not it is better to plead guilty or not guilty;
- Representing you in negotiations with the prosecution should you decide that entering a plea deal is within your best interests;
- Arguing your case at trial; and
Throughout the process, we will remain accessible and available to you, providing you with the information you need and the standard of communication that you deserve.
STEPS TO TAKE AFTER BEING CHARGED WITH A CRIME
After you are arrested and charged with a crime, you need to know what to do and what not to do to protect your interests.
- Exercise your right to remain silent – do not tell the police or the prosecution your side of the story without legal representation.
- Do not discuss your case with anyone else; do not engage in any further dubious activity.
- Exercise your right to legal counsel by calling a lawyer immediately.
CALL OUR MAUMEE, OH CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAWYERS TODAY
The most important thing that you can do to protect your interests when you are facing criminal charges is to gain representation from a skilled criminal defense lawyer as soon as possible. At the office of Groth & Associates, our dedicated Maumee, OH criminal defense lawyers can provide you with the representation and counsel you’re entitled to. Call us today or send us a message to learn more.
WORDS FROM OUR CLIENTS
Our experience with Attorney Stevin Groth was nothing short of life changing.ALFRED & JENNIFER
When we first contacted Mr. Groth, he gave us his cell phone number and we were able to directly contact him day or night. His knowledge of the Ohio judicial system was astounding. He handled all aspects of our case himself, never once handing off our case to jr. associates. Stevin had positive relationships with all the judges, district attorneys and court personal that we came in contact with. Stevin’s persuasive arguments on our son’s behalf cleared him of all charges. Because of Stevin’s abilities, our son is able to move forward with his life without the stigma of a criminal record. We could not recommend Stevin Groth more highly.
Dan is an amazing attorney. He had my divorce finalized in a short period of time. A lot quicker than I thought it was going to be and for that I’m thankful! Dan knew exactly what he was talking about. Any questions I had Dan, and his assistant, Michelle was glad to answer. The outcome of my divorce was exactly what I was hoping for.LAURIE
Thank You Dan for your services!
Allison Lawrence is the best lawyer I have hired.she was attentive when I presented my case to her & knew exactly how to handle it.very professional person when it comes to her job,also a humanitarian.Allison has given me great advice in a free consultation,as well as stood by side in court with chargers pending,of course she got the charges dismissed!!Great attorney,very dependable.in need of a lawyer,I highly recommend Allison Lawrence.RONNIE