SKILLED IN CRIMINAL DEFENSE
CRIMINAL DEFENSE CASES CAN BE DIFFICULT SO CALL THE EXPERIENCED LAWYERS AT GROTH & ASSOCIATES TODAY
One of the most life-changing things that can ever happen to a person is that of being charged with a crime, especially if that charge leads to a criminal conviction. In order to improve your chances of having the charges against you dropped or reduced, or of securing a verdict of “not guilty,” you need to partner with a skilled criminal defense attorney. At the offices of Groth & Associates, our Perrysburg criminal defense lawyers understand what you’re up against and how much is on the line, and we want to help. To learn more about our legal services and what we can do for you if you’ve been charged with a crime, please call us directly or send us a message telling us more about your case.
If you are seeking legal guidance Groth & Associates has the experience you need.
Fill out the form and we will have a member of our firm contact you as soon as possible.
TYPES OF CRIMINAL CASES WE TAKE ON
With multiple lawyers at our firm and decades of combined legal experience, we want to assure you that our law firm has the competence and skills to handle your case. Types of criminal cases that we take on include:
- Misdemeanor cases. Many people who are facing misdemeanor charges make the mistake of not calling an attorney, assuming that they can handle the charges on their own, especially if the consequences aren’t very serious. This isn’t always within a defendant’s best interests, though; instead, working with a criminal defense lawyer is always a good idea.
- Traffic cases. Traffic cases usually aren’t too serious; however, if you have received multiple traffic tickets in the past or are facing charges for a more serious traffic offense, such as a DUI/OVI, then hiring an attorney is definitely a good idea.
- Felony cases. Felony cases are very serious, and the penalties could very include years in prison and tens of thousands of dollars’ worth of fines. Felony cases are not only serious but also very complex. In order to protect your rights and your best interests, we strongly recommend calling an attorney.
- Violent offenses. Violent offenses are harshly penalized in our state, and if the evidence is stacked against you, the outcome may not be favorable, especially if you don’t have a good lawyer working on your side.
- More. We work on a wide range of criminal defense case types. If you have been charged with a crime that doesn’t fit into one of the categories above, please call our law firm directly to learn more about whether or not we can help you. If we can’t, we’re happy to refer you to someone who can.
OTHER PRACTICE AREA CASES
STEPS TO TAKE AFTER BEING CHARGED WITH A CRIME
When you are charged with a crime, you may initially experience feelings of shock or panic or may have a “fight or flight” reaction, where you either want to run to protect yourself or you freeze up and are paralyzed by indecision and fear. We understand what you’re going through, and we want to help. If you are arrested and charged with a crime, consider the following important steps to take and things to know–
- Never answer any questions related to the charges you’re facing, even if you’re innocent. You may assume that “you have nothing to hide,” and therefore it’s okay to talk to officers–this is a mistake. You should remain polite when talking to the police and should provide them with your name. However, you should then inform them that you are exercising your right to remain silent.
- Don’t plead guilty right away. After you are arrested, you will have an arraignment hearing. During this hearing, the charges you are facing will formally be read against you and you will have an opportunity to plead guilty or not guilty. Do not plead “guilty” if you have not already been advised by a lawyer to do so. If you can, talk to a lawyer before your arraignment hearing.
- Hire an attorney as soon as possible. We understand that you may be on the fence about whether or not you need a lawyer–you do. As soon as you are able, you should hire an attorney. The sooner that you start working with a lawyer, the better protected you will be. Telling the police that you are exercising your Constitutional right to legal representation and that you would like to be represented by an attorney is key from the get-go.
- Maintain a low profile. If you are released on bail, it will be very important to maintain a low profile and to refrain from engaging in any criminal activity while charges against you are pending. If you need help staying somewhere safe or staying out of trouble, talk to your attorney.
- Cooperate with your lawyer. Your lawyer’s job is to protect your Constitutional rights and your best interests. You should be honest with your attorney so that they can do their job to the best extent possible. The more you cooperate, the greater the chances of success for your case will be.
CONTACT GROTH & ASSOCIATES TODAYRequest a free consultation
WHY CHOOSE THE LAW FIRM OF GROTH & ASSOCIATES?
At Groth & Associates, we are committed to providing a strong, aggressive legal advocacy for clients. If you or a loved one has been arrested and charged with a crime in Wood County, we are here to help. To set up an immediate, fully confidential criminal law consultation, please contact our law firm today.
Words from our clients
Stevin is by far the best Lawyer that I have encountered. He is professional, knowledgeable, and very patient. I have lived out of the country for the past 5 years and anytime I needed legal assistance he has always been there for me as if I was next door. I would strongly recommend Stevin Groth no matter what the circumstances are. His dedication and attention to detail is what’s appreciated the most. Thanks for all that you have done and you will continue to do for me.
Stevin was very professional and got me the best possible outcome for my case. I would recommend him to anybody that is looking for a great quality lawyer.
I had the pleasure of working with Stevin Groth on a case. He went above and beyond what I expected. I expected the worst and he fought for me way better than anyone would have. Will use again if needed. Cannot express my gratitude enough. Thank you.
CALL OUR PERRYSBURG CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAWYERS TODAY
To learn more about our Perrysburg criminal defense lawyers and how our law firm can help you if you have been charged with a crime, please feel free to reach out to us directly by phone or online. If you are unable to travel to our location, we can travel to yours. Call today to get started.