SKILLED IN CRIMINAL DEFENSE
CRIMINAL DEFENSE CASES CAN BE DIFFICULT SO CALL THE EXPERIENCED LAWYERS AT GROTH & ASSOCIATES TODAY
At the law office of Groth & Associates, our criminal defense lawyers believe that all persons who are facing criminal charges deserve competent legal representation, and should be considered innocent until proven guilty. Working with clients in Sylvania, OH and surrounding areas for years, we have the experience advocating for clients and working on a wide range of criminal cases that you deserve. If you are facing criminal charges and you need legal help, please don’t hesitate to call our law firm directly to learn more about how we can help you, as well as to learn more about our criminal defense practice areas and background. You can reach us by phone or online today to schedule a consultation.
If you are seeking legal guidance Groth & Associates has the experience you need.
Fill out the form and we will have a member of our firm contact you as soon as possible.
OUR CRIMINAL DEFENSE PRACTICE AREAS
With years of experience and a team with diverse backgrounds, our lawyers feel confident that we can represent you no matter what the criminal charges you’re facing. Our criminal defense practice areas include:
- Felony defense. Facing felony charges is one of the most pressing reasons to call an experienced attorney. Don’t leave your fate up to chance.
- Misdemeanor defense. Don’t make the mistake of not hiring an attorney if you are “only” facing misdemeanor charges. While the penalties for a misdemeanor offense are less severe than they are for a felony offense, they can still have a huge impact on your life and your opportunities.
- DUI/OVI defense. If you have been charged with a DUI/OVI in our state, your life may be changed dramatically if you are convicted. Improve your chances of mitigating the worst consequences by calling our law firm.
- Drug cases. Drug crimes are harshly penalized in Sylvania. Know your options and improve your case outcome with legal help.
- Domestic violence. Courts rarely look favorably on those who commit domestic violence. Our lawyers will build your defense and work hard to protect your rights.
- Rape and sexual assault defense. Rape and sexual assault are two of the most serious crime types, and both carry severe consequences.
- Traffic violations. Like misdemeanor charges, you may not take the idea of getting a lawyer seriously if you are facing a traffic violation. Depending on the violation and your criminal history, though, calling a lawyer may be in your best interest.
- License suspensions. If your license has been suspended and you have questions, we can help. We can also represent those facing charges for driving on a suspended license and other traffic offenses.
- Murder defense. There is no doubt that being charged with murder is one of the most severe criminal charges a person could face. If you are facing murder charges, your future–and even your life–may be on the line. Call us to learn how we can help.
- Kidnapping defense. Kidnapping is a very serious offense, and if you are convicted of kidnapping, you could face years in prison, large fines, and more. Kidnapping is a first-degree felony in our state.
OTHER PRACTICE AREA CASES
PENALTIES FOR A CRIMINAL CONVICTION
The penalties that a person may face for a criminal conviction depend on many factors, including the nature of the crime, whether there are any mandatory minimum sentencing requirements associated with the crime, the judge who oversees the case, and the defendant’s criminal background. Penalties may include, but are not limited to:
- Jail or prison time. The thing that most people fear the most when they are facing criminal charges is that of jail or prison time. When you work with our law firm, we will work hard to keep you out from behind bars. We know how devastating a prison sentence is.
- Large fines. Even those who escape jail or prison time may still be subject to large fines and fees associated with a conviction–sometimes, these fees total into the tens of thousands of dollars, placing a huge financial burden on a defendant.
- Revocation/suspension of a driver’s license or/and professional license. If you are convicted of a crime, your driver’s license may be suspended. If you hold a professional license, such as a license to practice medicine or law, this license may also be suspended.
- Probation. Instead of prison time, you may be eligible for probation. While probation can be a great alternative to incarceration, it does not come without requirements and contingencies, many of which can feel prohibitive.
- Community service. If you are convicted of a crime, you may be asked to perform community service as a form of recompense.
- Mandatory classes. Finally, it is not uncommon for a person who is charged with and convicted of a crime to be required to participate in mandatory classes related to the crime, such as alcohol or drug rehabilitation classes, traffic school, anger management classes, etc.
CONTACT GROTH & ASSOCIATES TODAYRequest a free consultation
TOP REASONS YOU NEED A CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAWYER ON YOUR SIDE
Working with an attorney when you are facing criminal charges is not a legal requirement, but it is a protected legal right. When you work with an attorney, you are more likely to have a better case outcome. Your attorney will work hard to:
- Ensure that your Constitutional rights are protected during the process;
- Explain to you your rights, the details of the crime you are facing, and the potential penalties you face;
- Gather evidence and talk to key experts to build your case;
- Defend you against the prosecution’s claim and arguments against you;
- Make a case to the judge related to why you deserve lighter sentencing;
- Negotiate a plea bargain with the prosecution if appropriate; and
- Answer any questions you have and remain available to serve you throughout the process.
Words from our clients
Our experience with Attorney Stevin Groth was nothing short of life changing.
When we first contacted Mr. Groth, he gave us his cell phone number and we were able to directly contact him day or night. His knowledge of the Ohio judicial system was astounding. He handled all aspects of our case himself, never once handing off our case to jr. associates. Stevin had positive relationships with all the judges, district attorneys and court personal that we came in contact with. Stevin’s persuasive arguments on our son’s behalf cleared him of all charges. Because of Stevin’s abilities, our son is able to move forward with his life without the stigma of a criminal record. We could not recommend Stevin Groth more highly.
ALFRED & JENNIFER
Dan is an amazing attorney. He had my divorce finalized in a short period of time. A lot quicker than I thought it was going to be and for that I’m thankful! Dan knew exactly what he was talking about. Any questions I had Dan, and his assistant, Michelle was glad to answer. The outcome of my divorce was exactly what I was hoping for.
Allison Lawrence is the best lawyer I have hired.she was attentive when I presented my case to her & knew exactly how to handle it.very professional person when it comes to her job,also a humanitarian.Allison has given me great advice in a free consultation,as well as stood by side in court with chargers pending,of course she got the charges dismissed!!Great attorney,very dependable.in need of a lawyer,I highly recommend Allison Lawrence.
CALL OUR SYLVANIA CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAWYERS TODAY
Understanding your rights and options when you are facing criminal charges can be confusing. At the law office of Groth & Associates, our Sylvania criminal defense attorneys care about upholding your rights and want to make sure you have as much information as possible. Our lawyers have years of experience and a track record of success. To learn more about our law firm and our Sylvania criminal defense team, please call our law office directly or request a consultation using the intake form on our website.