SKILLED IN CAR ACCIDENTS
CAR ACCIDENTS CAN HAPPEN AT ANYTIME AND WHEN THEY DO THE DAMAGES CAN BE SEVERE.
One of the leading causes of serious injuries in our state is car accidents. When a car accident occurs that does result in serious harm, our lawyers want to make sure that those who are injured in the crash recover the compensation that they deserve.
With experience working on various different types of motor vehicle accident claims, our Archbold, Ohio car accident lawyers at the office of Groth & Associates have the experience and case history you can trust. Reach out to us today if you’ve been in a crash.
If you are seeking legal guidance Groth & Associates has the experience you need.
Fill out the form and we will have a member of our firm contact you as soon as possible.
TYPES OF CAR ACCIDENT CASES WE HANDLE
We know that being involved in any type of car accident can be scary, and could potentially result in serious harm. However, we also know that the investigation process, as well as the approach that’s necessary to get a claimant the settlement that they deserve, varies on a case-by-case basis. As such, we want to assure you that we have experience working on a wide range of motor vehicle accident case types. Our car accident practice areas include:
- Head-on collisions;
- Rear-end collisions;
- Side-swipe accidents;
- T-bone accidents;
- Single-vehicle collisions;
- Pile-up accidents;
- Rollover accidents; and
In addition to the above, we also represent those who have been involved in motorcycle, pedestrian, and commercial vehicle accidents, too.
OTHER PRACTICE AREA CASES
CAR ACCIDENTS CAN RESULT IN SERIOUS INJURIES
A car accident has the potential to result in serious injuries. The things that most affect the risk of injury are the speed at which vehicles are traveling at the time of impact and the size of the vehicles involved; however, even slow impact crashes that involve smaller vehicles could be costly. Some of the most common injuries that result from car accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injuries;
- Internal injuries;
- Bone fracture injuries;
- Back and neck injuries;
- Soft tissue injuries;
- Spinal cord injuries; and
- Injuries to extremities.
Of course, this list is not inclusive, nor does it account for the myriad psychological injuries that an individual may develop after being involved in an accident.
And it’s not just injuries that a person may incur, but economic and noneconomic losses as well. Costs associated with a car accident often include:
- Medical expenses;
- Lost wages;
- Property damages costs;
- Costs of rehabilitation and therapy;
- Travel expenses associated with healthcare;
- Loss of benefits and earning capacity; and
- Pain, suffering, and emotional distress.
When you hire our Archbold, Ohio car accident lawyers, we will work hard to improve your chances of recovering the total value of damages you have suffered.
THE CAR ACCIDENT CLAIMS PROCESS – WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW AND WHY YOU NEED A LAWYER
The aftermath of a car accident may seem straightforward from a distance – file your claim with the insurer and wait to receive a settlement offer. However, it’s often much more complicated than this. Especially if damages are severe, the claims process will involve many stages, including:
- Seeking medical care and reaching Maximum Medical Improvement (MMI). One of the first things that you need to do after a crash (within 24 hours if not immediately) is to seek medical care. You should keep thorough documentation of all care received. Then, you’ll need to wait to issue your demand letter until you have reached MMI – the fullest extent to which doctors believe you will heal.
- Investigating the crash. A crash investigation is a very important part of the claims process, as the outcome of an investigation can provide evidence about how the crash happened and who should be held liable. An investigation will be conducted by the insurance company against which you file a claim; however, it’s also a smart idea to hire your own attorney to conduct an investigation as well. The insurance company’s investigation could be biased.
- Calculating your damages. After fault is determined, you’ll need to calculate the full value of your damages, including any compensation for pain and suffering damages you are requesting. You’ll then need to issue a demand letter to the responsible insurance company requesting compensation. We strongly recommend working with experts who can calculate your damages.
- Negotiating your settlement. Many people assume that once they get a settlement offer from the insurance company, the process is over. However, this is definitely not the case. You maintain the right to reject any settlement offer you receive. What’s more, you have the right to negotiate with the insurance company until a fair settlement is reached; if you can’t reach a settlement, then you maintain the right to file a lawsuit.
Throughout the entire process, having an attorney on your side who is familiar with car accident laws and best practices for claim management is important. Your attorney can help to protect you from unfair insurance practices, ensure that you have the resources necessary to dedicate to your case, advise you regarding the hiring of various experts, and represent you during negotiations.
CONTACT GROTH & ASSOCIATES TODAYRequest a free consultation
THE CAR ACCIDENT STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS IN OHIO
Note that after a car accident, you will need to provide the insurance company with notice of the accident immediately – you should always do this within 24 hours. If you don’t provide notice quickly, the insurance company may have the right to deny your claim.
If your claim cannot be settled out of court and you decide to pursue a lawsuit instead, there is a time limit for this, too, known as the statute of limitations. In Ohio, the statute of limitations is two years from the date of the accident, as found in the Ohio Revised Code Section 2305.10. If you wait longer than two years to file your lawsuit, you’ll be barred from recovery.
OUR ARCHBOLD, OHIO CAR ACCIDENT LAWYERS ARE HERE TO SERVE YOU
At the law office of Groth & Associates, our Archbold, Ohio car accident lawyers know that you need an advocate on your side after being seriously injured in a crash. To learn more about how we can serve you and your legal options, please reach out to us for your free consultation at your convenience.
Words from our clients
Stevin is by far the best Lawyer that I have encountered. He is professional, knowledgeable, and very patient. I have lived out of the country for the past 5 years and anytime I needed legal assistance he has always been there for me as if I was next door. I would strongly recommend Stevin Groth no matter what the circumstances are. His dedication and attention to detail is what’s appreciated the most. Thanks for all that you have done and you will continue to do for me.
Stevin was very professional and got me the best possible outcome for my case. I would recommend him to anybody that is looking for a great quality lawyer.
I had the pleasure of working with Stevin Groth on a case. He went above and beyond what I expected. I expected the worst and he fought for me way better than anyone would have. Will use again if needed. Cannot express my gratitude enough. Thank you.