SKILLED IN CAR ACCIDENT CASES
Car accidents are a leading cause of injuries and fatalities in the US, and data indicates the extent of the risk that Ohio motorists face whenever they get behind the wheel. The Ohio State Highway Patrol (OHP) reports that around 500 people are killed and almost 18,000 are injured in the 64,000 vehicle collisions that take place in the state every year. There are more than 13,000 total crashes in Montgomery County alone, almost 30 percent of which lead to at least one death or injured victim. If you were affected by such a tragedy, you might be aware that Ohio personal injury laws protect your rights. However, you may not know where to begin with the legal process.
Fortunately, you can count on our team at Groth & Associates to assist with your options after a car accident, giving you time to heal and recover. Our attorneys have extensive experience advocating on behalf of auto crash victims, backed by in-depth knowledge of strategies designed to recover the highest compensation allowed by law. Please contact our firm to set up a free case evaluation with one of our Dayton car accident lawyers who can explain the details. A summary of the basics may also be informative.
If you are seeking legal guidance Groth & Associates has the experience you need.
Fill out the form and we will have a member of our firm contact you as soon as possible.
HOW LIABILITY WORKS IN AN AUTO COLLISION CASE
Ohio is an at-fault state for purposes of vehicle accidents, which means that you pursue the responsible driver for monetary damages. These claims are based upon the legal concept of negligence, which refers to the unreasonably careless actions of the other driver. To recover compensation, you must prove that the accident occurred as a direct result of that person’s failure to drive safely. Some examples of driver negligence include:
- Speeding and driving too fast for conditions;
- Drunk and drugged driving;
- Failure to yield;
- Running red lights and stop signs; and
- Unlawful turns and lane changes.
In addition, distracted driving has become a well-known problem on Ohio roads. Despite laws against texting, emailing, and surfing the internet, far too many drivers still get on their cell phones while behind the wheel of a car. Plus, many other forms of distracted driving are equally dangerous even though they do not involve cell phone use, such as eating, grooming, adjusting the radio, and using a GPS.
OTHER PRACTICE AREA CASES
SEVERE INJURIES ARE COMMON IN CAR ACCIDENTS
Many factors will impact the nature and severity of auto crash injuries, including the size and weight of the respective vehicles, speed, position in the vehicle, speed, weather conditions, and many more. It is common for victims to sustain a wide range of bodily harm, such as:
- Concussion, traumatic brain injury (TBI), and brain damage;
- Trauma to the back and spinal cord, including herniated and bulging discs;
- Whiplash and other soft tissue injuries;
- Trauma to internal organs;
- Broken bones and joint displacements;
- Lacerations, bruises, and abrasions; and
Some injuries are severe enough to cause chronic pain and discomfort for years after a collision. In severe accidents, a victim may suffer paralysis, permanent disability, and be unable to live independently.
CONTACT GROTH & ASSOCIATES TODAYRequest a free consultation
SEEKING COMPENSATION FOR YOUR LOSSES
Knowing the substantial implications of car accident injuries, it is important that you take advantage of all legal options for recovering monetary damages. Because Ohio requires all motorists to carry auto insurance coverage, you will start the legal process by filing a claim under the at-fault driver’s policy. Though this might seem as easy as filling out some forms, you may encounter challenges in dealing with an insurer. The company will always strive to protect its own financial interests, and paying out your claim represents a loss. Your claim may be denied entirely, or the insurer might respond with a lowball counteroffer.
Under such circumstances, you will need to file a lawsuit in court if the insurance company refuses to settle. Whether we are litigating your case in court or negotiating with the insurer, Groth & Associates will prioritize your needs to ensure you receive a fair amount as compensation. Depending on your case, our Dayton car accident attorneys will seek:
- Medical costs for surgery, hospitalization, treatment from specialists, and other care;
- Lost wages, if you were unable to work because of your injuries;
- Pain and suffering;
- Scarring and disfigurement;
- Amounts for diminished quality of life; and
- Losses representing the implications for your personal relationships.
Words from our clients
Our experience with Attorney Stevin Groth was nothing short of life changing.
When we first contacted Mr. Groth, he gave us his cell phone number and we were able to directly contact him day or night. His knowledge of the Ohio judicial system was astounding. He handled all aspects of our case himself, never once handing off our case to jr. associates. Stevin had positive relationships with all the judges, district attorneys and court personal that we came in contact with. Stevin’s persuasive arguments on our son’s behalf cleared him of all charges. Because of Stevin’s abilities, our son is able to move forward with his life without the stigma of a criminal record. We could not recommend Stevin Groth more highly.
ALFRED & JENNIFER
Dan is an amazing attorney. He had my divorce finalized in a short period of time. A lot quicker than I thought it was going to be and for that I’m thankful! Dan knew exactly what he was talking about. Any questions I had Dan, and his assistant, Michelle was glad to answer. The outcome of my divorce was exactly what I was hoping for.
Allison Lawrence is the best lawyer I have hired.she was attentive when I presented my case to her & knew exactly how to handle it.very professional person when it comes to her job,also a humanitarian.Allison has given me great advice in a free consultation,as well as stood by side in court with chargers pending,of course she got the charges dismissed!!Great attorney,very dependable.in need of a lawyer,I highly recommend Allison Lawrence.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU WERE INVOLVED IN A VEHICLE CRASH
You can count on our Dayton car accident lawyers at Groth & Associates to handle all legal requirements, but there are a few tasks that you can undertake to support your claim.
- Seek proper medical attention. Getting treatment is a priority for your health and well-being since you need appropriate treatment to get on the road to recovery. In addition, visiting the emergency room or urgent care center immediately supports your legal rights. Delays in getting medical treatment tells the insurance company that you were not hurt badly, potentially lowering your compensation.
- Do not chat with other drivers. Other than performing your statutory duty to exchange information, avoid conversations. Never mention fault, your injuries, or what you think caused the accident.
- Gather evidence at the scene, if possible. Depending on the severity of your injuries, do your best to collect important proof. Take pictures of the scene and get information from witnesses who might have observed the crash.
- Use caution in dealing with the insurance company. The insurer is looking for reasons to deny your claim, and you may inadvertently provide one by talking to the agent. Your only statement should be to confirm your contact details and inform the adjuster that you have a lawyer.
OUR DAYTON CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS WILL PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS
This overview provides you with the basics on what to expect with an auto crash claim in Ohio, but there are many additional details that could impact your interests. Groth & Associates will address all challenges as we fight to ensure you receive fair compensation for your losses. For more information, please contact our office to schedule a complimentary consultation with a Dayton car accident lawyer. We can advise you on the next steps and discuss strategy after reviewing your situation.