When you are driving in Toledo, you should never have to worry about being seriously injured in a motor vehicle collision caused by another driver’s negligence. Yet car crashes happen in Toledo much too often, and some areas of the city are more dangerous than others. Traffic fatalities have risen in Ohio recently according to the Ohio State Highway Patrol, and there were more than 12,000 reported motor vehicle collisions in Lucas County in 2020 alone. The Toledo area is among the most dangerous in the state when it comes to motor vehicle collisions. Whether you are traveling on a major highway around Toledo like I-90 or I-75, or you are traveling through a local intersection, you could be at risk of sustaining injuries in a severe collision. Our Toledo accident lawyers want to tell you more about the most dangerous roads in Toledo.
Intersection Collisions in Toledo, OH
For pedestrians, bicyclists, and motorists, intersections in Toledo are some of the most dangerous places for collisions. Collision records from the Ohio Department of Transportation between 2014 and 2019 reveal that five of the most dangerous intersections in the state are located in Toledo. An NBC news report cites the following Toledo intersections as among the most hazardous in Ohio:
- Airport Highway and South Byrne Road, where 78 collisions occurred from 2014-2019 resulting in 36 injuries and 9 severe injuries;
- Byrne Road and Hill Avenue, where 46 crashes, 28 minor injuries, 7 serious injuries, and 2 fatalities occurred between 2014-2019;
- South Byrne Road and Arlington Avenue, which saw a total of 48 accidents between 2014-2019 that resulted in a total of 22 minor injuries and 6 serious injuries;
- Airport Highway and South Reynolds Road, where 55 crashes occurred between 2014-2019 that led to 20 minor and 5 serious injuries; and
- South Holland-Sylvania Road and Airport Highway, where 52 crashes occurred from 2014-2019, and those collisions led to 24 minor injuries and two serious injuries.
As you can see, there are a couple of roads that are especially dangerous, including Airport Highway and South Byrne Road.
For a free legal consultation, call (419) 930-3030
Highway Accidents in Toledo
Given that highway accidents often involve high-speed collisions, the highways that run through and around Toledo are also among the most dangerous roads in this part of Ohio. Both I-75 and I-90 are common highway routes that take cars and trucks through the Toledo area at high speeds. Since these highways are major routes for interstate travel, these roads are also extremely busy. The more vehicles on the road at any given point, the higher the risk of a collision.
Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (419) 930-3030
Seek Advice from Our Toledo Auto Accident Lawyers
If you or someone you love sustained injuries in a collision on a road in Toledo, you should get in touch with one of our experienced Toledo car accident lawyers to learn more about filing a claim for financial compensation. There are dangerous roads, streets, highways, and intersections throughout Toledo, and it is important to hold the negligent driver accountable for the harm they have caused. We want to help you seek the compensation you need and deserve after suffering a loss in a Toledo road accident. Contact Groth & Associates today to learn more about how we can assist you.