SKILLED IN CRIMINAL DEFENSE
CRIMINAL CHARGES CAN LEAD TOO INCARCERATION, FINES, & OTHER PENALTIES
Regardless of whether poor judgment or a mistake is to blame, an arrest on Ohio criminal charges carries serious consequences. Depending on the facts and the nature of the crime, you face incarceration, fines, loss of driving privileges, and other penalties. Plus, there are implications for many other aspects of your life. A criminal conviction affects your future, reputation, personal freedoms, and more.
Under the circumstances, you need solid, experienced representation from a skilled Fremont, OH criminal defense lawyer. At Groth & Associates, our attorneys are dedicated to providing protecting your civil liberties and aggressively defending your interests. From pre-arrest investigations and questioning, to arrests and full trials, you can feel confident your case is in good hands.
If you are seeking legal guidance Groth & Associates has the experience you need.
Fill out the form and we will have a member of our firm contact you as soon as possible.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS IN AN OHIO CRIMINAL CASE
The US and Ohio Constitutions both include multiple provisions intended to protect your rights when accused of a crime. One of the most fundamental issues in a criminal case is that a prosecuting attorney must prove that you are guilty beyond a reasonable doubt to get a conviction. If there is even a question about your involvement in criminal activity, the charges should be dismissed. Our attorneys at Groth & Associates will take advantage of every potential opportunity to raise doubt in the minds of the jury or judge, as part of our efforts to protect your constitutional liberties.
In addition, we will address any other issues that amount to a violation of your civil rights, such as:
- Unlawful Search and Seizure: Police must have a warrant supported by probable cause to search your home, person, and possessions. Any information seized pursuant to unlawful procedures may be inadmissible in court.
- Right to Remain Silent: The US Supreme Court held that the Fifth Amendment protects you against self-incrimination in the landmark case of Miranda v. Arizona. If you were not informed of your right to remain silent, including during questioning, your statements may not be used against you in court.
- Right to an Attorney: You have the right to have a lawyer present during questioning and at all phases up to your criminal trial date. If you were notified of your right to a lawyer or were not allowed to contact one, there may be a civil rights violation.
We Strive to Obtain the Best Possible Outcome
If you are charged with a crime, it is critical to contact an Ohio criminal defense lawyer right away. Our attorneys at Groth & Associates will get to work on your case immediately, gathering evidence, talking to witnesses, and developing a strong defense strategy. We provide legal help during all stages of the criminal process and with any type of legal issue, including:
- Representing you at your arraignment and preliminary hearings;
- Working out bond;
- Assessing the sufficiency of the evidence against you;
- Attacking weaknesses in the prosecutor’s case;
- Investigating evidence that may disprove the allegations;
- Subpoenaing witnesses and documents;
- Arguing pretrial motions based upon civil rights violations or other critical errors by officials;
- Negotiating plea bargains on your behalf;
- Jury selection;
- Presenting affirmative defenses;
- Filing post-trial motions and appeals; and,
- Any other assistance that may be necessary to protect your rights.
OTHER PRACTICE AREA CASES
Words from our clients
Stevin is by far the best Lawyer that I have encountered. He is professional, knowledgeable, and very patient. I have lived out of the country for the past 5 years and anytime I needed legal assistance he has always been there for me as if I was next door. I would strongly recommend Stevin Groth no matter what the circumstances are. His dedication and attention to detail is what’s appreciated the most. Thanks for all that you have done and you will continue to do for me.
Stevin was very professional and got me the best possible outcome for my case. I would recommend him to anybody that is looking for a great quality lawyer.
I had the pleasure of working with Stevin Groth on a case. He went above and beyond what I expected. I expected the worst and he fought for me way better than anyone would have. Will use again if needed. Cannot express my gratitude enough. Thank you.
WE DEFEND A WIDE RANGE OF FREMONT CRIMINAL MATTERS
Our criminal defense team at Groth & Associates represents clients in connection with various felony and misdemeanor charges, such as:
- Murder, homicide, and manslaughter;
- Crimes involving firearms or dangerous weapons;
- Theft offenses;
- Assault, battery, and other violent crimes;
- Drug offenses;
- Sex crimes and assault;
- Domestic violence;
- Drunk driving;
- Traffic violations; and,
- Many more.
The punishment you face for a conviction depends on the nature of the charges, aggravated circumstances, your criminal history, and other factors. Even a misdemeanor could mean up to six months’ imprisonment and a $1,000 fine. For felony charges, the range of penalties is increased. Plus, mandatory minimum sentencing may apply, which means a judge has no discretion to lower your sentence. Of course, there may be other consequences, such as loss of your driver’s license, restrictions on where you can live, and impacts on your current or future employment.
Discuss Your Case with a Skilled Criminal Defense Lawyer in Fremont, OH
Never underestimate the extensive and severe consequences of being arrested on Ohio criminal charges. When the stakes are high, you can trust the criminal defense attorneys at Groth & Associates to prioritize your needs. We have the experience and knowledge you need on your side at all stages of the criminal process. You can contact our Fremont, OH office to schedule a consultation, or set up an appointment at our other Ohio locations in Toledo and Bowling Green.