SKILLED IN CAR ACCIDENTS
CAR ACCIDENTS CAN HAPPEN AT ANYTIME AND WHEN THEY DO THE DAMAGES CAN BE SEVERE.
Car accidents happen so frequently that they’re hardly shocking anymore. Indeed, if you are driving along and see two vehicles pulled over to the side of the road with obvious crash damage, or if your co-worker tells you about a friend who was in a crash earlier this week, you probably won’t think about either event beyond the initial moment of learning of each. As one of the leading causes of injuries and death, most people have become fairly desensitized to car accidents – that is, until they affect an individual personally.
At the law office of Groth & Associates, we believe that whether there is one car accident per month or 1,000, each and every case should be taken seriously, treated individually, and those involved should be adequately represented. If you have been in a crash, our experienced Mansfield, OH car accident lawyers can guide you through your legal options and help you to recover the compensation that you deserve.
WHO PAYS FOR CAR ACCIDENTS IN MANSFIELD, OHIO?
For those who have been injured in crashes, one of the most important things that they want answered after the crash is the question of who will pay for any losses they have suffered, ranging from medical bills to property damage costs and more. In Ohio, who pays for an accident is directly related to who caused the accident. This is because Ohio is an at-fault state, otherwise known as a tort liability state.
Based on the state’s tort liability laws, a person who is involved in a car accident, suffers injuries as a result of that car accident, and believes that the other driver involved was to blame for the accident has three primary avenues for monetary recovery:
- Filing a claim with their own insurance company. All drivers in Ohio are required to carry insurance. While liability insurance is required, a driver may also carry other types of insurance that can provide coverage, like personal injury protection (PIP) coverage, uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, or comprehensive/collision coverage.
- Filing a claim against the at-fault driver’s insurance. The most common route of recovery is to file a claim against the at-fault driver’s liability insurance. Once a claim is filed, the insurance company will open an investigation to determine its degree of liability and the value of your claim.
- Filing a lawsuit against the at-fault party. The third option is to file a lawsuit directly against the party responsible for causing the crash; however, this option is typically not pursued until other methods of compensation have been exhausted.
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving Mansfield, call (419) 930-3030
OHIO SHARED FAULT RULES
As you navigate the claims process after a crash, one important thing to keep in mind is the rule of contributory fault or shared fault. In Ohio, a driver who contributes to their own damages by an act of negligence may still pursue damages against another party if the fault of the damages-seeking party was not greater than that of any other tortfeasors against whom damages are being pursued. If the injured party did contribute to their accident and injuries–but not in a proportion that is greater than other defendants’–then their amount of compensation will be reduced in proportion to their degree of fault. For example, if you suffer $200,000 in damages and are found to be 20 percent to blame for the accident, you will only be able to hold the defendant liable for 80 percent of your harm, or $160,000.
Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (419) 930-3030
SEEKING COMPENSATION FOLLOWING A CAR ACCIDENT – TYPES OF DAMAGES AVAILABLE
There is no doubt that a car accident has the potential to be completely life-changing, and not at all in a positive way. While some car accidents may result in minor damages to the vehicle and minor injuries, others will be so severe that the affected person will never be able to return to their same state of life that they maintained prior to the accident. Some of the most traffic car accident injuries that a person could incur include traumatic brain injuries, internal injuries, spinal cord injuries, and loss of (use of) limb injuries.
When a person is involved in a serious car accident, the value of their losses, both monetary and noneconomic, may be very significant. Our lawyers can help you to recover compensation for the full value of your:
- Pain, suffering, emotional distress, and mental anguish;
- Medical bills;
- Future medical and rehabilitation costs;
- Lost wages associated with the accident, include the value of your future potential earnings and benefits;
- Property damage costs; and
- Any other economic or noneconomic losses you have suffered.
WHY CHOOSE OUR MANSFIELD, OHIO CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER?
While not all car accident claims require the help of a lawyer to be successful, many–especially those involving serious crashes and losses–do. As you consider whether or not to hire an attorney and think about who you may want to choose to represent you, note that our lawyers provide comprehensive services. Our goal is to maximize the value of your claim. When you choose our law firm, you can count on:
- Decades of combined legal experience. We are a team of 11 different lawyers who each have years of experience representing claimants and plaintiffs in car accident claims. We also have a dedicated and exceptional staff that will work hard for you, too.
- A track record of success. When you’re looking for a lawyer, you want a lawyer who has a history of winning cases like yours. Our team has recovered multiple multi-million dollar awards on behalf of our clients. We know what it takes to get you the award you deserve and will work tirelessly to achieve exactly what you deserve.
- The resources it takes. Building a successful car accident claim requires resources. You need a team that will investigate your crash and determine fault, that can hire experts to add clout to your claim or testify about liability and damages, that can organize all evidence and documents related to your claim, and that has the time and know-how to effectively negotiate your case. Our team has the resources it takes to fully commit to your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
SCHEDULE A FREE CONSULTATION TODAY
To learn more about working with our Mansfield, OH car accident lawyers after a crash, please reach out to our firm today online or by phone. We offer free consultations and always put our clients first.