SKILLED INSURANCE LAWYERS
ITS DISAPPOINTING TO RECEIVE A REJECTION AS RESPONSE TO YOUR REQUEST FOR COMPENSATION
When you suffer injuries in an accident, you probably expect your claim to be handled quickly by the responsible driver’s insurance company. It can be quite shocking and disappointing to receive a rejection or low-ball offer in response to your request for compensation. The denial may include weak arguments against your claim or even try to place the blame for an accident on you.
Despite their legal obligation to pay valid claims, Allstate and other insurers often attempt to shirk this duty. Our attorneys at Groth & Associates are dedicated to holding these companies to their legal responsibilities and ensuring you get sufficient compensation for your losses. Please contact our office to set up a consultation with an Allstate insurance lawyer in Ohio, and read on for some important information about how state law applies to your claim.
SYNOPSIS OF ALLSTATE INSURANCE COMPANY
Allstate’s history traces back to 1931, when the company was founded by the predecessors to Sears Roebuck. After a profitable first year of selling auto insurance through the mail, the company expanded rapidly. Milestones include:
- Being the first insurer to take into account the mileage and age of the vehicle when quoting premium prices for car insurance coverage;
- Adding options to its auto insurance policies, such as personal liability, homeowners’ insurance, life insurance, business policies, and more;
- Introducing plans that reward drivers for not having accidents, which is a benefit motorists still enjoy today; and,
- Ranking in the top five of all companies in the auto insurance market, as of 2017.
Despite the advances Allstate has made in car insurance, there have been some drawbacks. The company has been accused of bad faith in fighting the rightful claims of third-party claimants and its own policyholders. Some individuals filed lawsuits against Allstate for devaluing vehicles in a total loss claim, forcing injury victims to be examined by its own doctors, and other misconduct.
Overview of Ohio Laws on Insurance
There are a few key concepts under Ohio law that should be helpful in understanding how Allstate insurance claims work.
- Mandatory Minimum Insurance Coverage: It is illegal to operate a vehicle in Ohio unless you carry the minimum amounts designated by law. By statute, all drivers must have $25,000 for the death or injury of one person and $50,000 if there are two or more victims. Motorists must also carry $25,000 minimum coverage for property damage, including damage to vehicles.
- Ohio is an At-Fault State: The majority of states, including Ohio, use an “at-fault” approach to car accidents, which means that the driver who caused the accident must compensate victims for personal injury losses and property damage. If you are injured, you file a third-party claim with the responsible driver’s insurer.
However, the process is not so easy once you understand how insurers approach your request for compensation.
HOW INSURANCE COMPANIES HANDLE CLAIMS
INSURANCE COMPANIES ARE BUSINESSES THAT ONLY SUCCEED BY TURNING PROFITS AND KEEPING COSTS LOW
Allstate’s alleged acts of bad faith in paying out the claims of injured victims are unfortunate, but this is quite common among insurers. After all, these companies are businesses that only succeed by turning profits and keeping costs low. They do not make money by paying out every claim filed by an injured victim, so employees may:
- Contest your version of fault in a car accident and blame you for the crash;
- Dispute the severity of your injuries, especially if you did not seek immediate medical treatment after the incident;
- Attempt to persuade you to settle your claim for a low amount, suggesting that the litigation process is costly and time consuming; and,
- Engage in other conduct intended to benefit the insurance company’s interests, not yours.
Compensation in an Allstate Insurance Claim
At Groth & Associates, our attorneys know the tricks insurance representatives use to encroach upon your legal right to compensation after an accident. We prioritize your needs and will fight to ensure you receive the full amount necessary to cover the losses you sustain as a result of your injuries. Our lawyers will seek compensation for such damages as:
- Medical costs, including those related to surgery, emergency care, physical therapy, long-term treatment, and other expenses;
- Lost income, if you cannot work because of your injuries;
- Pain and suffering;
- Scarring and disfigurement;
- Losses that affect your personal relationships with your spouse and other loved ones; and,
- Many more.
WORDS FROM OUR CLIENTS
Our experience with Attorney Stevin Groth was nothing short of life changing.ALFRED & JENNIFER
When we first contacted Mr. Groth, he gave us his cell phone number and we were able to directly contact him day or night. His knowledge of the Ohio judicial system was astounding. He handled all aspects of our case himself, never once handing off our case to jr. associates. Stevin had positive relationships with all the judges, district attorneys and court personal that we came in contact with. Stevin’s persuasive arguments on our son’s behalf cleared him of all charges. Because of Stevin’s abilities, our son is able to move forward with his life without the stigma of a criminal record. We could not recommend Stevin Groth more highly.
Dan is an amazing attorney. He had my divorce finalized in a short period of time. A lot quicker than I thought it was going to be and for that I’m thankful! Dan knew exactly what he was talking about. Any questions I had Dan, and his assistant, Michelle was glad to answer. The outcome of my divorce was exactly what I was hoping for.LAURIE
Thank You Dan for your services!
Allison Lawrence is the best lawyer I have hired.she was attentive when I presented my case to her & knew exactly how to handle it.very professional person when it comes to her job,also a humanitarian.Allison has given me great advice in a free consultation,as well as stood by side in court with chargers pending,of course she got the charges dismissed!!Great attorney,very dependable.in need of a lawyer,I highly recommend Allison Lawrence.RONNIE
CONTACT OUR OHIO ALLSTATE INSURANCE LAWYERS TODAY
At Groth & Associates, our insurance attorneys are relentless in pursuing insurers who provide feeble excuses for rejecting claims. We have experience going up against stingy companies like Allstate, along with extensive knowledge of your rights under Ohio law. Please contact our firm to set up a free consultation right away. We serve clients in Northwest Ohio from offices in Fremont, Toledo, and Bowling Green, OH, and we can help you, too.