SKILLED IN CAR ACCIDENT CASES
CAR ACCIDENTS CAN OCCUR ANYWHERE AND WHEN THEY DO THE DAMAGES CAN BE SEVERE.
Even if you follow all of the traffic laws, you can still be involved in a collision due to someone else’s negligence. Some crashes result in only minor damages while others cause life-threatening injuries or even death. Regardless of the severity of your crash, you deserve to be financially compensated for the damages you have incurred.
Our Port Clinton car accident lawyers at Groth & Associates understand how overwhelming and all-encompassing a traffic accident can be. We are committed to getting the best possible legal outcome for each of our clients.
CAUSES OF CAR CRASHES
What was the other driver doing while you were carefully abiding by the traffic laws? There are several behaviors that make a party liable for a car collision including:
- Drugged driving – In a recent news, release the Ohio Department of Transportation reported a 25 percent increase in drugged driving crashes from 2012 to 2016. Most often drugged drivers are misusing prescription drugs, but marijuana and cocaine are also common. Drugs can make a driver sedated, aggressive, or otherwise impaired.
- Drunk driving – Any individual who is driving with a blood alcohol concentration above .08 percent is considered to be driving intoxicated. Similar to drugs, alcohol impairs functioning such as reaction time, memory, self-control, judgement, and more.
- Distracted driving – A person can be visually distracted by directing their eyes off the road and to a phone, navigation device, or passenger. They can also be cognitively distracted. For example, a person who just broke up with their significant other may not be fit to drive. Furthermore, if a person is actually texting or otherwise fails to have their hands on the wheel, they are considered driving manually distracted.
- Reckless driving – If a person changes lanes quickly without using turn signals, runs red lights, speeds, or otherwise breaks common traffic laws, they are endangering the lives of other road users. If a driver is going the speed limit but the road conditions are subpar because of rain, snow, ice, or fog their actions can still be deemed reckless.
Sometimes a driver admits to causing the crash or the police quickly discern the collision’s cause. Other traffic incidents require more investigation to determine the liable party. At Groth & Associates, we have extensive experience at collecting evidence to prove the liable driver in a crash.
For a free legal consultation with a car accident lawyer serving Port Clinton, call (419) 930-3030
CAR ACCIDENT INJURIES
WHILE PERSONAL INJURIES ARE OFTEN REFERRED TO AS ACCIDENTS, THEY ARE OFTEN THE RESULT OF ANOTHER PERSON’S RECKLESS OR NEGLIGENT CONDUCT.
According to Slate, the average weight of an American car is over 4,000 pounds. With the impact of this much weight in a crash, it is unlikely you will make it out of a traffic crash unscathed. If you are a motorcyclist, cyclist, or pedestrian you are even more likely to sustain injuries. Common injuries in a car accident are:
- Deep lacerations;
- Traumatic brain injuries;
- Broken bones;
- Soft tissue damage;
- Paralysis; and
- Loss of limb.
If you have been injured, you should be taking all necessary steps to on recover. If you are unsure about whether you or a passenger has been injured, it is still critical to be examined by a medical professional. This will provide documentation that the injuries were actually caused by the crash. If you experience delayed symptoms it will be harder to prove the damages. Let a Port Clinton lawyer take over the details of your case so that you can focus on your health.
Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (419) 930-3030
When you seek compensation you should consider all the ways the car crash impacted you financially. This includes:
- Medical bills;
- Therapy costs;
- Lost wages during recovery;
- Future lost earnings due to permanent injuries;
- Cost to replace or repair property;
- Decline in quality of life due to permanent disfigurement or disability; and
- Pain and suffering.
After a car accident, make sure you begin to keep track of all the associated costs. Keep medical bills, prescription medication receipts, and estimates for car repairs. It can take months or even years to determine the full financial impact of a crash and you do not want to forget some of the earlier expenditures you had to make in the meantime.
CONTACT GROTH & ASSOCIATES IF YOU HAVE BEEN HIT BY A NEGLIGENT DRIVER
Car accidents are unexpected and scary. At best they can throw off your schedule for a few days and at worst, they can impact the rest of your life. Let the Ohio car accident lawyers at Groth & Associates advise you so that you get the best outcome possible.
We will investigate your case, fight aggressively on your behalf against insurance companies, and, if need be, represent you in courtroom. Contact us for a free initial consultation today.