SEXUAL ASSAULT DEFENSE EXPERTS
A SEXUAL ASSAULT CONVICTION CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE.
Sexual assault is a serious crime. If you were charged with sexual assault or rape it is imperative that you consult with an experienced criminal defense lawyer right away. You must defend your name and your future.
At Groth & Associates, our Toledo sexual assault defense lawyers
are strong, compassionate advocates for defendants. We firmly believe that everyone deserves a chance to have their day in court. If you or your loved one was charged with sexual assault or rape in Northwest Ohio or Southern Michigan, please contact our Toledo law office to set up a strictly confidential initial consultation.
If you are seeking legal guidance Groth & Associates has the experience you need.
Fill out the form and we will have a member of our firm contact you as soon as possible.
TYPES OF SEXUAL ASSAULT
Sexual assault is a broad term that refers to a variety of offenses involving nonconsensual sexual acts, including touching, intercourse, harassment, psychological manipulation, and exhibition. The key to determining whether an action is a sex crime or not is whether both parties consented. If either party did not or could not give his or her consent, as is the case with minors and individuals who are under the influence of alcohol or another drug, the act may deemed to be assault.
Examples of sexual assault include:
- Unwanted touching;
- Stalking a sexual partner;
- The use or threat of sexual violence; and
- Sexual conduct with a minor.
OTHER PRACTICE AREA CASES
IF YOU HAVE BEEN CHARGED WITH SEXUAL ASSAULT
IF YOU HAVE BEEN CHARGED WITH SEXUAL ASSAULT CALL THE EXPERIENCED LAWYERS AT GROTH & ASSOCIATES TODAY FOR A CONSULTATION ABOUT YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW TO PROCEED.
If you have been charged with sexual assault, do not speak with police unless you have first spoken with an experienced criminal defense lawyer. During investigations, officers attempt to coax confessions out of suspects and may violate your rights in doing so. The best way to defend yourself during this situation is to be familiar with your rights as a suspect and to seek aid from an experienced defense attorney as soon as you can.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE BEEN ACCUSED OF RAPE IN OHIO
Being accused of rape is stressful, overwhelming, and extremely frightening. At this time, defendants need to know the proper steps to take to protect their legal rights. The last thing you want to do is to make a mistake that will make it more difficult to defend your case. If you were accused of or charged with rape in Ohio or Michigan, you should be sure to do the following four things:
- Do Not Contact the Accuser Directly: It can be tempting to want to talk to the accuser — especially if the rape accusations are blatantly false or you do not understand where the accusation is coming from. Although the impulse is understandable, it is crucial that you resist the temptation. Once a rape accusation has been made, the defendant should avoid calling, texting, emailing, or talking to the accuser in person.
- Avoid Giving a Statement to Police: After an accusation, you may be arrested or brought in for questioning by a police officer or other law enforcement official. Do not agree to answer any questions without an attorney. You have a constitutional right to remain silent. Unless you have a Toledo, OH rape defense lawyer by your side, you should avoid speaking to the police or prosecutors. Your words can be misinterpreted or used against you.
- Secure Any Relevant Exonerating Evidence: Depending on the specific nature of your case, you may have access to exonerating evidence. As an example, you could have text messages or social media messages that suggest that the accuser’s allegations are not legitimate. Alternatively, you may have alibi evidence that indicates that you could not have committed the sexual assault at the time that the accuser said that the offense occurred. Be sure to secure any evidence that might be relevant to your defense. Your attorney will be able to review the evidence and focus on what is important.
Call a Toledo, OH Rape Defense Attorney: Rape charges are extremely serious. If convicted for rape in Ohio, a defendant faces a maximum sentence of life in prison. Never try to handle rape charges on your own. Do not try to talk your way out of trouble. If you or your loved one was arrested and charged with rape, it is essential that you call a top-rated Toledo rape defense attorney as soon as possible. An experienced attorney will be able to assess the accusations and help you take the proper steps to protect your rights, your freedom, your reputation, and your future.
Words from our clients
Our experience with Attorney Stevin Groth was nothing short of life changing.
When we first contacted Mr. Groth, he gave us his cell phone number and we were able to directly contact him day or night. His knowledge of the Ohio judicial system was astounding. He handled all aspects of our case himself, never once handing off our case to jr. associates. Stevin had positive relationships with all the judges, district attorneys and court personal that we came in contact with. Stevin’s persuasive arguments on our son’s behalf cleared him of all charges. Because of Stevin’s abilities, our son is able to move forward with his life without the stigma of a criminal record. We could not recommend Stevin Groth more highly.
ALFRED & JENNIFER
Dan is an amazing attorney. He had my divorce finalized in a short period of time. A lot quicker than I thought it was going to be and for that I’m thankful! Dan knew exactly what he was talking about. Any questions I had Dan, and his assistant, Michelle was glad to answer. The outcome of my divorce was exactly what I was hoping for.
Allison Lawrence is the best lawyer I have hired.she was attentive when I presented my case to her & knew exactly how to handle it.very professional person when it comes to her job,also a humanitarian.Allison has given me great advice in a free consultation,as well as stood by side in court with chargers pending,of course she got the charges dismissed!!Great attorney,very dependable.in need of a lawyer,I highly recommend Allison Lawrence.
HOW WE CAN HELP YOU DEFEND YOUR CASE
We can help you defend yourself against a sexual assault charge by guiding you through all interactions with police and the court system. Our team of experienced criminal defense attorneys can also make use of the evidence available to prove that you are not guilty of the offense. Working with an experienced sexual assault lawyer can be critical to having your charge lowered or dismissed and avoiding penalties.
If you have been charged with sexual assault, it is critical to your future liberty that you create a strong defense for your case. The first step in creating a strong defense is contacting an experienced Toledo criminal defense lawyer to determine the right legal strategy for you. Contact our team at Groth & Associates today to schedule your initial legal consultation with a member of our firm. We work with clients in Bowling Green, Toledo, Fremont, and the surrounding areas.