SKILLED IN CAR ACCIDENTS
CAR ACCIDENTS CAN OCCUR ANYWHERE AND WHEN THEY DO THE DAMAGES CAN BE SEVERE.
Car accidents are the leading cause of injury and death in the United States, and anyone who has been involved in a crash knows that a car accident can affect even the safest of drivers. What’s more, even minor car accidents that do not occur at high speeds or only slightly damage vehicles can cause serious injuries to drivers and passengers.
At the law offices of Groth & Associates, our Wauseon, Ohio car accident lawyers believe that serious car accidents and injuries deserve serious attention, which is why we have made a business out of providing car accident victims with the representation that they very much need.
TOP CAUSES OF CAR ACCIDENTS
While car accidents can occur for many different reasons, including reasons that are unpredictable or have nothing to do with human error, such as poor weather or an animal scurrying across the road, most car accidents are the result of negligence. Negligence is the failure to act with the same duty of care that another person in the same situation would, and may include the following actions:
- Distracted driving;
- Using a cellphone to talk, text, email, etc.;
- Running a red light or stop sign;
- Driving aggressively;
- Driving while drowsy;
- Driving with impaired/intoxicated;
- Cutting off another vehicle;
- Illegally changing lanes;
- Tailgating; and
All items on this list are completely avoidable, and only occur as the result of driver error, negligence, carelessness, or recklessness.
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving Wauseon, call (419) 930-3030
CAR ACCIDENTS CAUSE SERIOUS INJURIES
No matter the cause of the car accident, when a crash occurs between two or more vehicles, the people involved are at risk of suffering serious injuries. Some of the most common injuries in a car accident include:
- Traumatic brain injuries. Traumatic brain injuries, or TBIs, are caused when the head/brain is shaken, hit with force, or punctured. TBIs can have lasting effects on a victim, forever impairing their ability to think, reason, learn, control their emotions, and more.
- Spinal cord injuries. The spinal cord is arguably the most important part of your body, as this is the bundle of nerves that runs the length of your spine and controls all movement and sensation. If the spinal cord is injured, the channel of communication between the brain and the body (from the site of the injury downwards) is injured. This mean permanent partial or complete paralysis.
- Amputation and loss of use injuries. A part of the body, such as a hand, finger, arm, toe, foot, or leg may be amputated during a car accident, or may be so severely damaged in a crash that amputation is a necessity. A person could also suffer hearing or vision loss as a result of a crash, either as a result of injury (i.e. something getting into the eye) or excessive sound exposure (in the event that the crash resulted in a loud explosion, for example).
- Fracture injuries. There are 206 bones in the adult human body, and when a crash occurs and enough force is put on any one of these bones, a fracture injury can occur. While some fracture injuries will heal with time, and may not even require serious medical treatment, others may require surgery, and could be impairing for life.
- Soft tissue injuries. The soft tissues of your body are what hold everything together, and include muscles, ligaments, and tendons. These can be stretched or torn in an accident, with whiplash being one of the most common car accident soft tissue injuries.
- Internal injuries. Finally, a person could suffer an internal injury either as a result of a puncture from an external object, a puncture from an internal body party (such as an organ being punctured by a broken rib), or as a result of a blow and excessive force. Internal injuries can be fatal, and need to be treated immediately to mitigate the most severe of effects.
In addition to the injury types listed above, psychological injuries are also very possible. After a crash, an accident victim may develop post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety, fear, or even depression. Psychological injuries can be just as impairing as physical injuries in many cases.
Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (419) 930-3030
RECOVERING COMPENSATION AFTER A WAUSEON CAR ACCIDENT
WHILE PERSONAL INJURIES ARE OFTEN REFERRED TO AS ACCIDENTS, THEY ARE OFTEN THE RESULT OF ANOTHER PERSON’S RECKLESS OR NEGLIGENT CONDUCT.
When you are involved in a crash that is caused by the negligence of another party, you deserve to be fully compensated for the full extent of your losses. This includes both economic and noneconomic damages.
- Economic damages. Economic damages are damages that are financial in nature, and include:
Lost wages; and
Future costs related to the injury.
- Noneconomic damages. Unlike economic damages, noneconomic damages are not easily calculated, as these damages are intangible. For example, the value of pain, suffering, disability, and emotional anguish are types of noneconomic damages.
OUR OHIO CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS ARE COMMITTED TO MAXIMIZING YOUR SETTLEMENT AMOUNT
Our compassionate and aggressive car accident lawyers are committed to doing what it takes to maximize your settlement amount and ensure you get every penny you deserve. In order to do this, we:
- Investigate your claim – We have a team of accident investigative professionals, including accident reconstruction experts, who will get to work immediately to determine what happened and who’s to blame.
- Calculate your damages – In order to get you what you deserve in compensation, we do the research to calculate your damages and determine the value of your future damages.
- Negotiate your claim – Most car accident settlement offers aren’t fair the first time around, and need to be negotiated. We are skilled negotiators with a track record of success, and an understanding of what an insurance adjuster is looking for an how to get clients fair offers.
- Litigate on your behalf – We try to settle claims out of court for the purpose of saving you time and money, but if negotiations fail, we will be prepared to litigate your case. You can take comfort in the fact that our lawyers have trial experience.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
WAUSEON, OHIO CAR ACCIDENT LAWYERS SERVING YOU
For a legal advocate who you can trust and who will put you first after a car accident, call the law offices of Groth & Associates today.
Our Wauseon, Ohio car accident lawyers will work hard for you. Schedule your free consultation today.