SKILLED IN PERSONAL INJURY CASES
You may not realize the risks to your safety as you go through your regular routine in Dayton, but numerous hazards and careless acts of others mean the potential for accidents is high. Unintentional injuries are among the top causes of disability in the US, and fatal, preventable incidents are the third leading cause of death nationwide. The immediate aftermath of a personal injury accident can be agonizing as you suffer through physical pain, but you may soon experience the financial and emotional implications that accompany such a tragedy.
Fortunately, victims of fatal and injury-causing accidents have legal remedies under Ohio law. You may qualify to recover compensation for your devastating losses, and our team at Groth & Associates will be at your side to guide you through the legal process. OurDayton personal injury lawyers have extensive experience with accident cases, backed by in-depth knowledge of the relevant laws. Please contact our firm today to schedule a no-cost case review, and some information on our legal services may also be helpful.
If you are seeking legal guidance Groth & Associates has the experience you need.
Fill out the form and we will have a member of our firm contact you as soon as possible.
REPRESENTING VICTIMS IN A WIDE RANGE OF OHIO ACCIDENT CASES
State personal injury laws are intended to protect individuals who suffer harm because of careless misconduct by others. Our team is prepared to assist with claims related to:
- Car Crashes: Statistics from theOhio State Highway Patrol (OHP) reveal the serious risk of auto accidents, as there are more than 316,000 total crashes every year on state roadways. Of these, more than 2,550 involve at least one fatality, and another 89,900 lead to injuries. Motorist carelessness is behind these collisions, such as:
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- Failure to yield right of way;
- Running red lights or stop signs;
- Illegal lane changes;
- Distracted driving; and
- Many others.
- Trucking Accidents: The biggest threat presented by semis, 18-wheelers, and other large rigs is their size and weight, which greatly exceeds other vehicles on road. Serious, catastrophic injuries are common when truck operators are careless, but there are other parties whose misconduct could contribute to a truck crash. Examples include an employer, trucking company, shipper, maintenance handler, or parts manufacturer.
- Motorcycle Collisions: Riders are at risk of serious injuries in an accident, considering the fact that a two-wheeled vehicle suffers from stability issues and there is no shell to protect against impact. Plus, the rider will almost always be tossed from the motorcycle, leading to a secondary impact.
- Dog Bites and Animal Attacks: Owners are responsible for securing their dogs and complying with laws related to canine safety. They can be held accountable if the animal bites, and there are multiple theories of dog bite liability in Ohio.
- Medical Malpractice Cases: When health care providers do not deliver care in accordance with appropriate medical standards, an injured patient may qualify to recover damages. Common examples of medical malpractice include misdiagnosis, surgical errors, birth injuries, medication and anesthesia mistakes, and many more.
- Wrongful Death Claims: If misconduct or an accident takes the life of someone close to you, it may be possible to seek monetary damages through a wrongful death case. Certain surviving family members have the standing to bring a claim for how the victim’s passing impacts their lives.
- Workers’ Compensation: On-the-job accidents and occupational diseases may lead to personal injuries, but Ohio has established a separate legal system for employees hurt because of workplace conditions.
OTHER PRACTICE AREA CASES
OVERVIEW OF OHIO PERSONAL INJURY LAWS
Regardless of the specific nature of the accident, most personal injury cases are based upon the legal concept of negligence. The term means more than mere carelessness in the practice of law, as you are required to prove four essential elements to support a negligence case. Our Dayton personal injury attorneys at Groth & Associates will develop a solid strategy to establish each of these components:
- The responsible person or entity had a legal duty to exercise reasonable care, so as to not cause a risk of harm to others;
- That party breached the legal duty of care by engaging in unreasonably unsafe conduct;
- The breach of duty was the direct cause of the accident in which you were injured; and
- You suffered losses as a result of being hurt.
Note that you do not need to prove the elements of negligence if you were hurt in a workplace accident or suffer from an occupational disease. Ohio law creates a no-fault system for workers’ comp, so evidence of employer misconduct is not necessary.
CONTACT GROTH & ASSOCIATES TODAYRequest a free consultation
COMPENSATION FOR VICTIMS OF ACCIDENTS
In most personal injury cases, you will be dealing with an insurance company in seeking monetary damages. As a result, the legal process starts by filing a claim with the responsible party’s insurer. Many of these cases settle by agreement, but you may need to file a lawsuit in court if the insurance company will not pay a fair amount. The Groth & Associates will fight to ensure you receive full compensation for your medical costs, lost wages, pain, and suffering, and many other losses.
Words from our clients
Stevin is by far the best Lawyer that I have encountered. He is professional, knowledgeable, and very patient. I have lived out of the country for the past 5 years and anytime I needed legal assistance he has always been there for me as if I was next door. I would strongly recommend Stevin Groth no matter what the circumstances are. His dedication and attention to detail is what’s appreciated the most. Thanks for all that you have done and you will continue to do for me.
Stevin was very professional and got me the best possible outcome for my case. I would recommend him to anybody that is looking for a great quality lawyer.
I had the pleasure of working with Stevin Groth on a case. He went above and beyond what I expected. I expected the worst and he fought for me way better than anyone would have. Will use again if needed. Cannot express my gratitude enough. Thank you.
TO DO’S FOR OHIO ACCIDENT VICTIMS
Our Dayton personal injury attorneys will tackle most of the legal tasks involved with protecting your rights. However, you can support our efforts and your claim with a few tips:
- Seek medical care right away.
- If possible, collect evidence at the scene by taking pictures and talking to neutral witnesses.
- Other than providing contact information, do not discuss the accident with others.
- Do not sign any document provided by an insurance company and never allow your conversations to be recorded.
- Get in touch with our attorneys immediately.
DISCUSS YOUR OPTIONS WITH OUR DAYTON PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
If you were hurt or lost a loved one in an accident, time is of the essence to retain experienced legal representation to assist with your claim. It can be challenging to try and enforce your rights while you are also recovering from tragedy. For more information on how Groth & Associates can assist with your legal options, please contact us now to set up a free consultation with a Dayton personal injury attorney.