Accidents are very common in Fostoria, sending dozens of people to the emergency room every year. If you were hurt in an accident, you probably have many questions about your legal rights. In Ohio, accident victims can often seek compensation from those people or businesses that injured them negligently. However, these are not easy claims to bring, and you would benefit from a lawyer’s help.
Groth & Associates is a leading law firm helping those in Fostoria and Northwest Ohio get justice. If you have questions, contact a Fostoria personal injury lawyer to schedule a consultation.
Personal Injuries Our Clients Suffer
Some accidents cause only minor scrapes and bruises. But more serious accidents lead to more serious injuries, including:
- Bone fractures. You might have broken an arm, leg, foot, or rib. Skull fractures are especially serious.
- Soft-tissue injuries. Many accidents cause sprains, strains, ligament tears, or serious bruising. Some complications include immobility or even the death of nearby tissue.
- Nerve injuries. Accidents can tear or damage nerves, or other soft tissue will press on a nerve, leading to the constant pain.
- Head injuries. Accidents often lead to concussions or bleeding in the brain. Some head injuries are fatal.
- Internal organ damage. Trauma to the body can damage internal organs like your kidney, lungs, or heart.
- Back injuries. Many accidents injure a person’s back, including the spinal column. Our clients have suffered herniated discs, nerve injuries, spondylolysis, and spinal cord tears.
- Catastrophic injuries. Major accidents lead to crush injuries, amputation, paralysis, third- or fourth-degree burns, and severe brain injuries.
If you are seeking legal guidance Groth & Associates has the experience you need.
Fill out the form and we will have a member of our firm contact you as soon as possible.
Accidents We Cover
We can assist anyone hurt in a collision that is primarily the fault of another person. Many accidents are caused by negligence, which is the failure to use reasonable care. We have helped those struggling from injuries sustained in:
- Car wrecks. Thousands of people in Ohio are hurt in T-bones, sideswipes, rollovers, rear-end collisions, and other accidents.
- Truck accidents. Large commercial vehicles like 18-wheelers or sanitation vehicles can cause horrifying injuries when they hit lighter passenger sedans. These are very complicated cases, and we know how to preserve evidence and identify the proper defendants.
- Pedestrian accidents. Pedestrians in Fostoria can be struck when crossing an intersection or parking lot.
- Motorcycle accidents. Motorcyclists are exposed to a direct hit by a dangerous driver. Many motorcyclists suffer serious injuries and can be thrown into the road where they are struck by a passing vehicle.
- Dog bites. Dogs can tear tissue and break bones. Ohio has a strict liability dog bite statute that gives victims rights to compensation.
- Premises liability incidents. Many people are injured due to dangerous conditions on a property that leads to a slip and fall, electrocution, or other accident.
- Medical malpractice. Medical errors are a leading cause of injury and death. All medical professionals must follow the prevailing standard of care.
- Workplace accidents. Thousands of people suffer injuries big and small at work. Some are injured in dramatic explosions, while others suffer occupational illness or repetitive stress injuries.
- Wrongful death. Ohio allows some family members to sue when an accident leads to a loved one’s death.
Fair & Full Compensation
You deserve to be treated fairly by insurance adjusters after an accident. Unfortunately, many people report feeling invisible or taken advantage of. No one hears their pain or feels that they deserve compensation.
We will fight to get you the money you deserve to cover:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Past and future lost income or wages
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
You can strengthen your claim by preserving certain documents like medical bills, receipts, insurance statements, and employment records. We can use them to estimate a fair settlement, which should also include compensation for pain, suffering, distress, and depression.
Hurdles to Receiving a Fair Settlement
Filing an insurance claim should be easier than it is. Many insurers will discount your injuries or possibly blame you for your accident. There are also critical deadlines you must meet even if you are in pain and spending hours each day in rehab.
Let our legal team help. We have the experience necessary to:
- Identify the correct people to sue for your injuries.
- Collect and preserve necessary evidence to bolster your claim.
- Negotiate a settlement with the defendants.
- Litigate a claim in court, if necessary, to protect your legal rights.
OTHER PRACTICE AREA CASES
Words from our clients
Stevin is by far the best Lawyer that I have encountered. He is professional, knowledgeable, and very patient. I have lived out of the country for the past 5 years and anytime I needed legal assistance he has always been there for me as if I was next door. I would strongly recommend Stevin Groth no matter what the circumstances are. His dedication and attention to detail is what’s appreciated the most. Thanks for all that you have done and you will continue to do for me.
Stevin was very professional and got me the best possible outcome for my case. I would recommend him to anybody that is looking for a great quality lawyer.
I had the pleasure of working with Stevin Groth on a case. He went above and beyond what I expected. I expected the worst and he fought for me way better than anyone would have. Will use again if needed. Cannot express my gratitude enough. Thank you.
Come Talk with Our Fostoria Personal Injury Lawyers
Groth & Associates offers a free consultation to anyone in need of legal assistance. Contact us today to schedule a confidential meeting with our team.