SKILLED IN PERSONAL INJURY
PERSONAL INJURIES CAN OCCUR ANYWHERE AND WHEN THEY DO THE DAMAGES CAN BE SEVERE.
Personal injuries leave our clients in considerable pain and financial distress. Following an accident, many people have no idea how they will pay their mounting medical bills and support themselves if they cannot return to work. They need help, but they don’t know where to turn.
This is where Groth & Associates comes in. We are a Rossford personal injury firm with decades of experience helping people who were hurt in various accidents get the compensation they need. Please contact us without delay. One of our Rossford personal injury lawyers will meet with you to go over the accident and your injuries. The road to recovery starts here.
PERSONAL INJURY CASES WE HANDLE
Our clients are injured in a variety of accidents. Many accidents happen so quickly that our clients have no idea who or what is responsible. All they know is that they are badly injured and that they need help. Our Rossford personal injury lawyers have assisted clients injured in the following incidents:
- Car accidents. Tens of thousands of people are injured in motor vehicle accidents each year. These collisions happen on the highway, on side streets, and in parking lots and driveways. Each car accident is different. But any collision can leave a motorist with serious, disabling injuries.
- Truck accidents. Commercial vehicles play a vital role in the Ohio economy, transporting people and goods over long distances. These trucks are so large and heavy that they cause shocking amounts of damage when they collide with lighter passenger vehicles. Many different entities could be at fault for a truck accident, including the driver, trucking company, or loading company.
- Motorcycle & bicycle accidents. Folks who travel by motorcycle or bicycle can suffer horrifying injuries when they collide with another motor vehicle on the road. Cyclists and bikers are completely unprotected and can suffer life-altering injuries when struck or when thrown clear of their bike. Our firm understands the unique liability and insurance issues that can arise in these accidents.
- Premises liability. A person can suffer injury when visiting a store or another person’s property. For example, they can slip and fall, trip and fall, or get mauled by a dog. Ohio law has detailed laws that regulate these types of cases, and victims will be at a disadvantage if they do not have their own attorney looking out for them.
- Medical malpractice. Doctors and other medical professionals must follow the correct standard of care when treating patients. Unfortunately, many patients are injured by medication errors, surgical errors, and misdiagnosis. A failure to obtain informed consent can also lead to unnecessary medical procedures.
- Workers’ compensation. Injuries on the job are handled through the state’s workers’ comp system. Most employers are covered, and benefits are paid without consideration of fault. However, getting a claim paid can be a challenge. Let us help.
- Wrongful death. When a loved one dies, surviving family members might bring a claim for the losses they have suffered.
The above are some of the most common personal injury cases in Ohio. Let us check whether you have a claim that you can pursue.
If you are seeking legal guidance Groth & Associates has the experience you need.
Fill out the form and we will have a member of our firm contact you as soon as possible.
SERIOUS LEGAL REPRESENTATION FOR SERIOUS INJURIES
Any accident can cause lasting pain and emotional distress. Recovering from an accident often requires the concerted effort of family, friends, rehabilitation specialists, and doctors. Although the road to recovery is long, our clients have successfully navigated it over the years.
At Groth & Associates, our Rossford personal injury lawyers have helped clients suffering from some of the most serious injuries imaginable, such as:
- Fractures. Any bone in the body could break in an accident. To promote healing, many will need a cast placed on the affected limb or undergo surgery to insert pins, screws, or a plate.
- Soft-tissue injuries. Strains, sprains, and contusions cause more than pain. They can also lead to something called compartment syndrome, which can damage nerves and muscles.
- Lacerations and abrasions. Deep cuts will need sutures and can leave permanent scars. Other cuts can become infected and possibly be life-threatening.
- Concussions and traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). A person can suffer impairments with respect to memory, movement, sleep, and behavior when the brain is shaken hard following a collision. TBIs require rest and careful monitoring.
- Head injuries. Other head injuries include skull fractures, scalp lacerations, and internal bleeding. Any intracranial bleeding can lead to death if not treated promptly.
- Back injuries. Back injuries cause intense pain and might leave a person bedridden. We have helped people with cervical fractures, herniated discs, and spinal stenosis.
- Burns. A fire or chemicals can burn exposed skin, causing permanent disfigurement and disability. When burns cover a large portion of the body, they can be fatal.
- Paralysis. Serious injury to the brain or spinal cord can lead to temporary or permanent paralysis and loss of sensation.
We cannot emphasize enough that many injuries have an emotional component. Being bedridden or disfigured is a traumatizing experience which deserves compensation.
OTHER PRACTICE AREA CASES
HOW PERSONAL INJURY CASES WORK
Every personal injury case begins with identifying the person or entity responsible for the accident. This might be a property owner, driver, or manufacturer of a defective product. Until we identify who is at fault, we cannot make a meaningful request for compensation. For this reason, we might investigate the accident by visiting a crash scene or interviewing witnesses.
Our Rossford personal injury lawyers also carefully document your losses, including the full cost of reasonable medical care and lost wages. We will seek a fair sum for your pain, suffering, and emotional distress. This is only fair. The purpose of a personal injury lawsuit is to make our clients “whole,” which means seeking money for emotional and other intangible losses.
Many personal injury cases settle without ever getting to trial. We make a demand on the liable party and aggressively negotiate towards a fair settlement. When that is unsuccessful, however, we do not hesitate to file a lawsuit in the correct court and take your case directly to a jury.
CALL OUR ROSSFORD PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS TODAY
Personal injury is a complex area of law. Hire a law firm with the necessary experience in this area. Please contact Groth & Associates today to schedule a free consultation.
CONTACT GROTH & ASSOCIATES TODAYRequest a free consultation
Words from our clients
Stevin is by far the best Lawyer that I have encountered. He is professional, knowledgeable, and very patient. I have lived out of the country for the past 5 years and anytime I needed legal assistance he has always been there for me as if I was next door. I would strongly recommend Stevin Groth no matter what the circumstances are. His dedication and attention to detail is what’s appreciated the most. Thanks for all that you have done and you will continue to do for me.
Stevin was very professional and got me the best possible outcome for my case. I would recommend him to anybody that is looking for a great quality lawyer.
I had the pleasure of working with Stevin Groth on a case. He went above and beyond what I expected. I expected the worst and he fought for me way better than anyone would have. Will use again if needed. Cannot express my gratitude enough. Thank you.