SKILLED IN TRUCK ACCIDENT CASES
TRUCK ACCIDENTS CAN OCCUR ANYWHERE AND WHEN THEY DO THE DAMAGES CAN BE SEVERE.
You need only look to statistics to understand how severe and life-changing an Ohio truck accident can be. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), there were 4,440 large trucks involved in fatal crashes in 2016, which represents a two percent increase over the previous year. Plus, there were an estimated 119,000 injury-causing crashes involving large trucks in 2016. These victims suffer tremendously, from the immediate trauma to excruciating pain and suffering in the aftermath.
At Groth & Associates, our personal injury attorneys can help you get your life back after a truck accident turns it upside down. We have in-depth knowledge and extensive experience pursuing truck drivers, trucking companies, and insurers to obtain the compensation you deserve as a victim. Please call us at 419.386.0159 to schedule a consultation with a Bowling Green, OH truck accident lawyer right away.
If you are seeking legal guidance Groth & Associates has the experience you need.
Fill out the form and we will have a member of our firm contact you as soon as possible.
BOWLING GREEN TRUCK ACCIDENT LAWYERS TACKLE COMPLEX CASES
Though they are far deadlier and cause more severe injuries for victims, most truck accidents do share a common characteristic with other types of motor vehicle crashes: Motorist negligence. To prove your claim in a case based upon negligence, you must prove:
- The responsible driver had a duty to operate the truck safely;
- The truck operator failed in this legal duty;
- The breach of duty caused the accident in which you were hurt; and,
- You suffered losses due to your injuries.
OTHER PRACTICE AREA CASES
YOU ARE ENTITLED TO COMPENSATION
WHILE PERSONAL INJURIES ARE OFTEN REFERRED TO AS ACCIDENTS, THEY ARE OFTEN THE RESULT OF ANOTHER PERSON’S RECKLESS OR NEGLIGENT CONDUCT.
Once we assist you in establishing the essential elements of a claim based upon negligence, our lawyers will ensure you receive the highest compensation allowed under Ohio law. The losses stemming from your injuries fall into two categories, so you may be entitled to recover such damages as:
- Economic Losses: This type of damages includes tangible, sometimes out-of-pocket losses. Medical expenses and lost income are examples of economic losses.
- Non-Economic Losses: Though you may not be able to quantify your discomfort after a truck accident, you no doubt endure serious pain. Included in this category are more intangible losses, such as pain and suffering, emotional distress, and losses that impact your personal relationships.
However, you should note that there may be limitations on your claim. For one, Ohio’s statute of limitations places a time restriction on suing the responsible parties. If you do not file a lawsuit within two years after your truck accident, you are forever barred from seeking compensation for your injuries.
In addition, Ohio has enacted a statute regarding comparative negligence, which may reduce your compensation by the percentage of fault attributable to your own actions. Still, the law does bar your claim entirely if you were more than 50 percent at fault.
Words from our clients
Our experience with Attorney Stevin Groth was nothing short of life changing.
When we first contacted Mr. Groth, he gave us his cell phone number and we were able to directly contact him day or night. His knowledge of the Ohio judicial system was astounding. He handled all aspects of our case himself, never once handing off our case to jr. associates. Stevin had positive relationships with all the judges, district attorneys and court personal that we came in contact with. Stevin’s persuasive arguments on our son’s behalf cleared him of all charges. Because of Stevin’s abilities, our son is able to move forward with his life without the stigma of a criminal record. We could not recommend Stevin Groth more highly.
ALFRED & JENNIFER
Dan is an amazing attorney. He had my divorce finalized in a short period of time. A lot quicker than I thought it was going to be and for that I’m thankful! Dan knew exactly what he was talking about. Any questions I had Dan, and his assistant, Michelle was glad to answer. The outcome of my divorce was exactly what I was hoping for.
Allison Lawrence is the best lawyer I have hired.she was attentive when I presented my case to her & knew exactly how to handle it.very professional person when it comes to her job,also a humanitarian.Allison has given me great advice in a free consultation,as well as stood by side in court with chargers pending,of course she got the charges dismissed!!Great attorney,very dependable.in need of a lawyer,I highly recommend Allison Lawrence.
TRUCK ACCIDENTS FEATURE UNIQUE CHALLENGES
While the process of seeking compensation in an Ohio truck accident is similar to recovering for an auto collision, there are several factors that make these incidents far more complicated.
- Serious Injuries: A semi outweighs a passenger vehicle by up to 20 times the car’s weight, depending on the load. Because of this size differential, injuries tend to be extremely traumatic. Injuries to the head, neck, spinal cord, and internal organs can be devastating. With these severe injuries comes higher cost of medical treatment, including emergency care, surgery, and physical therapy. Ongoing care and recovery time for a victim are also prolonged.
- Insurance Companies: Truck drivers are required to carry insurance in amounts that far exceed a typical motorist policy. The coverage can run in the millions, so insurance companies put their most experienced, skilled employees on truck accident cases to protect their bottom line. The insurance companies will always aim to settle your truck accident claim for as little as possible, for the sake of profit.
- Multiple Parties: Many truck drivers are employees of trucking companies; some own their semi tractor in partnership with other investors. In either situation, you must deal with multiple parties – and their own respective insurance companies.
CONTACT A TRUCK ACCIDENT LAWYER IN BOWLING GREEN, OH TODAY
Our dedicated Ohio truck accident attorneys at Groth & Associates are by your side to navigate the complexities involved with these types of claims. We are aggressive in enforcing your rights up against insurance companies, but are compassionate in understanding your needs during this difficult time.
If you or a loved one was injured in a truck accident, please contact our firm right away to schedule a free, obligation legal consultation with an experienced truck accident lawyer. We have offices in Toledo, Bowling Green, and Fremont, OH, and we serve victims throughout Northwest Ohio in all types of personal injury cases.