SKILLED IN PERSONAL INJURY CASES
Accidents remain a top cause of death and disability in the US, but you may not realize the implications of these tragic incidents until you are directly affected. If you were hurt or lost a family member, the impacts will be immediate and harsh. Beyond the physical pain, the financial and emotional losses are considerable. It is a comfort to know that Ohio personal injury laws protect your interests by providing you with legal remedies for recovering compensation, but you may not know where to begin with pursuing them.
You can count on our team at Groth & Associates to assist with your personal injury claim, regardless of the type of accident that has turned your life around. We are experienced in dealing with insurance companies, but we are ready to take your case to court to ensure you are adequately compensated for your losses. Please contact our office to schedule a free consultation with one of ourCincinnati personal injury lawyers today. We can explain the legal concepts after reviewing your specific circumstances, but an overview may also be useful.
If you are seeking legal guidance Groth & Associates has the experience you need.
Fill out the form and we will have a member of our firm contact you as soon as possible.
LEGAL REPRESENTATION IN ALL TYPES OF OHIO ACCIDENT CLAIMS
The concept of personal injury law covers a wide range of accidents and forms of misconduct. We are dedicated to helping victims with the legal process and requirements related to such cases as:
- Car Accidents: Auto collisions are a serious problem, and data from theOhio State Highway Patrol (OHP) reveals how dangerous crashes can be. Every year, there are more than 316,000 motor vehicle accidents in the state, and almost 30 percent of them lead to a fatality or injuries to at least one person.
- Truck Collisions: Massive semis, 18-wheelers, and other large commercial vehicles create heavy traffic on Ohio highways, and they can also lead to catastrophic accidents when the operator fails to drive safely.
- Motorcycle Crashes: Two-wheeled vehicles are less stable, while the lack of a protective shell means a rider is exposed to serious harm in an accident. There will almost always be a secondary impact when the victim hits the ground or another surface.
- Dog Bites: The vast majority of dogs are friendly and loving, but there are some that are prone to aggression and attacks. Ohio dog bite laws protect your interests if you were attacked.
- Workers’ Compensation Claims: If you were hurt in a workplace accident or suffer from an occupational illness, Ohio workers’ comp laws pay monetary benefits to qualify workers. In many cases, filing a claim will be your sole remedy.
- Medical Malpractice: We trust health care providers to deliver treatment in accordance with appropriate standards, so you may have a med mal claim if your doctor failed in this duty.
- Wrongful Death Cases: When any of the above types of accidents or misconduct causes a fatality, surviving family members have rights under Ohio law. You may be able to seek compensation through a wrongful death claim, which pays damages based upon how the victim’s passing affects your life.
OTHER PRACTICE AREA CASES
LIABILITY IN OHIO PERSONAL INJURY CASES
For most accident claims, liability centers on the legal concept of negligence. To obtain monetary damages, a victim must prove that the incident occurred because the at-fault party failed to exercise reasonable care. For instance, in the scenarios mentioned above, a person or entity may be negligent by:
- Speeding, failing to yield the right of way, unlawful lane changes, and other violations of Ohio traffic laws;
- Driving while drunk or under the influence of drugs;
- Failing to comply with Hours of Service (HOS) rules for truck operators;
- Neglecting to secure a dog or comply with leash laws; or
- Providing substandard medical care, such as through misdiagnosis, surgical errors, birth injuries, medication mistakes, and other forms of malpractice.
Note that negligence is not the basis for workers’ compensation claims, in which you do not need to prove that your employer was at fault to obtain benefits.
CONTACT GROTH & ASSOCIATES TODAYRequest a free consultation
STEPS IN THE LEGAL PROCESS
Many of the potential parties you would pursue for monetary damages after an accident have insurance to protect their interests from liability. Therefore, the first step for our Cincinnati personal injury attorneys is filing an insurance claim. Though the process might seem as simple as filling out some forms, keep in mind that insurers are for-profit businesses. The company may deny your claim or offer a lowball payment to protect its own interests. If the insurer refuses to agree to a fair settlement, our Groth & Associates lawyers will sue in court to recover monetary damages for:
- Medical costs to treat your injuries, including surgery, hospitalization, rehabilitation, physical therapy, and pain medications;
- Lost wages, if you were unable to work;
- Pain and suffering;
- Scarring and disfigurement;
- Emotional distress;
- Diminished quality of life; and
- Losses that affect your personal relationships.
In addition, if your case is based upon a wrongful death claim, monetary damages are intended to compensate survivors for their losses. You may be eligible for lost financial support, education, love, guidance, and other contributions the decedent would have provided had he or she lived.
Words from our clients
Our experience with Attorney Stevin Groth was nothing short of life changing.
When we first contacted Mr. Groth, he gave us his cell phone number and we were able to directly contact him day or night. His knowledge of the Ohio judicial system was astounding. He handled all aspects of our case himself, never once handing off our case to jr. associates. Stevin had positive relationships with all the judges, district attorneys and court personal that we came in contact with. Stevin’s persuasive arguments on our son’s behalf cleared him of all charges. Because of Stevin’s abilities, our son is able to move forward with his life without the stigma of a criminal record. We could not recommend Stevin Groth more highly.
ALFRED & JENNIFER
Dan is an amazing attorney. He had my divorce finalized in a short period of time. A lot quicker than I thought it was going to be and for that I’m thankful! Dan knew exactly what he was talking about. Any questions I had Dan, and his assistant, Michelle was glad to answer. The outcome of my divorce was exactly what I was hoping for.
Allison Lawrence is the best lawyer I have hired.she was attentive when I presented my case to her & knew exactly how to handle it.very professional person when it comes to her job,also a humanitarian.Allison has given me great advice in a free consultation,as well as stood by side in court with chargers pending,of course she got the charges dismissed!!Great attorney,very dependable.in need of a lawyer,I highly recommend Allison Lawrence.
TRUST OUR TEAM FOR ASSISTANCE WITH YOUR CLAIM
Our Cincinnati personal injury attorneys at Groth & Associates are adept at all stages of the legal process, so we will move forward with such essential tasks as:
- Conducting an investigation and gathering evidence;
- Obtaining and reviewing your medical records;
- Completing insurance forms;
- Working with medical and other experts; and
- Negotiating settlement with the insurance company.
You can also count on our attorneys throughout the litigation process. We will handle filing the lawsuit and appearing in court, as well as discovery, depositions, and preparing for trial.
CALL NOW TO SPEAK TO OUR CINCINNATI PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS
While a summary of the laws is useful as a background, there are many additional details and challenges involved with accident claims in Ohio. You put your rights at risk by attempting to represent yourself, so please contact Groth & Associates to learn how we can help. You can contact us online to set up a no-cost consultation with a Cincinnati personal injury attorney.