SKILLED IN PERSONAL INJURY CASES
Whether you were injured or lost a loved one, an accident can turn your life around and lead to losses you never anticipated. Unfortunately, these tragedies are more common than you think. Unintentional injuries are among the leading causes of disability in the US, and accidents rank third as a cause of death. Worse, many of these incidents are preventable and only occur because of carelessness. It is reassuring to know that there are legal remedies under Ohio personal injuries laws, so you may qualify to recover monetary damages from the at-fault person or entity.
Because the process can be overwhelming, it is wise to retain knowledgeable legal representation for assistance. Our team at Groth & Associates has extensive experience advocating on behalf of accident victims, and we are skilled at developing strategies for getting the compensation you deserve. Please contact our office to set up a free consultation with one of ourColumbus personal injury lawyers who can explain the details. You might also benefit from reviewing a description of our services, along with some background information.
If you are seeking legal guidance Groth & Associates has the experience you need.
Fill out the form and we will have a member of our firm contact you as soon as possible.
WE HANDLE ALL TYPES OF OHIO ACCIDENT CLAIMS
While the details vary, most personal injury cases arise out of carelessness or misconduct by others. We are committed to helping victims with all available legal options related to:
- Car Accidents: According to theOhio State Highway Patrol (OHP), there are more than 316,000 motor vehicle collisions in the state every year. More than 2,550 are fatal, and at least one victim is injured in almost 90,000 automobile crashes. These accidents are preventable and only occur because of driver misconduct.
- Truck Collisions: One look at a massive semi with a fully loaded trailer should tell you the massive destruction that can be caused by truck accidents. Crashes involving 18-wheelers and other big rigs can be extremely complicated because you may need to pursue multiple parties beyond the operator, such as an employer, trucking company, parts manufacturer, shipping and logistics company, and any other entity involved with freight transportation.
- Motorcycle Crashes: Without a metal shell to protect against impact, a motorcycle rider is exposed to horrific violence in a collision caused by another motorist’s carelessness. Motorcycle accidents often lead to catastrophic harm including head trauma, road rash, and lower extremities injuries.
- Dog Bites: Ohio laws protect victims of dog bites and animal attacks, and there are multiple theories of liability for pursuing compensation. Carelessness, a violation of leash laws, and knowledge of a prior attack can lead to dog bite liability for the owner.
- Medical Malpractice Lawsuits: The vast majority of providers deliver quality health care services, but there are some that deviate from their duty to treat patients in accordance with medical standards. Ohio med mal claims are similar to other personal injury matters, though there are additional legal requirements that make them challenging.
- Wrongful Death Claims: When a personal injury accident causes a fatality, surviving family members may be eligible to seek compensation for how the decedent’s passing affects their lives.
- Workplace Accidents: When injuries or illnesses occur because of a workplace accident or on-the-job conditions, Ohio workers’ compensation statutes apply. The concepts are different from other personal injury cases, but you may still be entitled to monetary benefits as designated by law.
OTHER PRACTICE AREA CASES
HOW OHIO PERSONAL INJURY CASES WORK
The theory of liability behind most accident claims is negligence, but this term means more than mere carelessness in the practice of law. The concept requires you to prove that you were hurt because the at-fault party breached the legal duty to act with reasonable care. When this breach was the direct cause of a personal injury accident, you can obtain monetary damages for your losses. The Columbus personal injury lawyers at Groth & Associates will develop a strategy, gather evidence, and take on other legal tasks to support a negligence-based case.
Taking the above types of accident claims, some examples of negligent acts include:
- Speeding, unlawful lane changes, running red lights and stop signs, and other violations of Ohio traffic laws often cause motor vehicle accidents.
- Many truck collisions are due to the same forms of negligence as auto crashes, but these incidents also incorporate unique negligent acts. An operator may take curves too quickly with a heavy load or fail to comply with Hours of Service (HOS) regulations.
- A dog’s owner may be negligent by failing to secure the animal in an enclosed area. There could be a case of negligence per se if the owner violated a leash law.
- A med mal claim may arise out of treatment errors, surgical mistakes, misdiagnosis, birth injuries, and related negligent conduct.
Note that you do NOT need to prove negligence in an Ohio workers’ comp claim, since the system is based upon no-fault laws.
CONTACT GROTH & ASSOCIATES TODAYRequest a free consultation
COMPENSATION FOR ACCIDENT VICTIMS
Our Columbus personal injury attorneys at Groth & Associates will handle the legal process, which starts with filing an insurance claim. If the insurer refuses to pay a fair amount, we will sue in court. Compensation in personal injury cases is based upon your losses, and victims may be entitled to two types:
- Economic Damages: This category includes out-of-pocket and definable losses, such as your medical bills for surgery, hospitalization, physical therapy, and other treatment. You may also qualify to obtain amounts for your lost wages.
- Noneconomic Damages: Some losses are not quantifiable in terms of dollar value, but you most certainly sustain personal consequences. Pain and suffering, scarring and disfigurement, and emotional distress are included in the class of noneconomic damages. Other examples are the diminished quality of life and losses that impact your personal relationships.
Words from our clients
Stevin is by far the best Lawyer that I have encountered. He is professional, knowledgeable, and very patient. I have lived out of the country for the past 5 years and anytime I needed legal assistance he has always been there for me as if I was next door. I would strongly recommend Stevin Groth no matter what the circumstances are. His dedication and attention to detail is what’s appreciated the most. Thanks for all that you have done and you will continue to do for me.
Stevin was very professional and got me the best possible outcome for my case. I would recommend him to anybody that is looking for a great quality lawyer.
I had the pleasure of working with Stevin Groth on a case. He went above and beyond what I expected. I expected the worst and he fought for me way better than anyone would have. Will use again if needed. Cannot express my gratitude enough. Thank you.
OUR COLUMBUS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS WILL FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS
As you can see from this overview, accident claims are complex. To ensure you receive the compensation you deserve, please contact Groth & Associates for assistance with the process. You can call 419.318.1578 to schedule a complimentary case evaluation with aColumbus personal injury attorney. Once we assess your circumstances, we can advise you on the next steps and begin developing a legal strategy.